Hammock
    11' 5 O'Clock Shadow
    Tarp
    Indoors
    Insulation
    DIY down throw UQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckle,straps
    I'm right at 5'6", and sleep on my side. I've had both a 10.5' and 11' hammock, I much prefer the 11'. Both are 60" wide.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    5'4" - the shortest hammock I find comfortable is the original WB Blackbird, which is a bit shorter than 10'. I have never found another hammock under 10.5' real length that I found comfortable enough. 10.5' works well. 11' is more comfortable, but not by much. Anything longer doesn't increase comfort noticeably.

With regards to width: depending on fabric stretch I can live with a 58" wide hammock, but my perfect width equals my body size: 65".

In bed I sleep on my sides at least 75% of the time, but haven't been able to sleep on my side in a gathered end in the same way. The only GE hammocks I can even lie on my side for longer than 5 minutes are the Heavyweight Double Layer XL hammocks from Warbonnet. I mostly sleep in a slightly twisted position, with my head fully on my side, but my hips in a 45° position. Works well enough, although I sometimes yearn for lying fully on my side.

Hammock
    SeaToSummit Double
    Suspension
    SeaToSummit
    Images
    5'5" here with a 10' long/75" wide hammock.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition zip and WBBB
    Another 5'6" unit(OR 6'5" in my dreams!) have found that the more diagonal I sleep the less calf ridge there is, so to my way of thinking the longer &/or wider the hammock the more diagonal you can get the more comfortable you can get in a GE hammock, this might also work for longer creatures as well.
    Last edited by guipago; 08-09-2019 at 19:18. Reason: spelling

Hammock
    long and wide
    Tarp
    big green diy
    Insulation
    faux baffled CDTs
    Suspension
    wing and prayer
    Quote Originally Posted by guipago View Post
    Another 5'6" unit(OR 6'5" in my dreams!) have found that the more diagonal I sleep the less calf ridge there is, so to my way of thinking the longer &/or wider the hammock the more diagonal you can get the more comfortable you can get in a GE hammock, this might also work for longer creatures as well.
    Ditto that ^^ I've shrunk to about 5'5" on a good day. Full-time hammocker. I can sleep fine either on back or either side (straight legs or fetal). For camping I like my 12ft x 66" diy GE, and for indoors I prefer 13ft x 66"-72" cotton (or wider if hung loose to avoid high, tight bathtub sides). I always hang my hammocks loose (about 45*) and sleep on a strong diagonal to alleviate old spine & knee injuries. Minimum width = my height; otherwise I'd add a foot box which I don't like!
    Last edited by WhollyHamaca; 08-19-2019 at 12:09. Reason: I can't type or spell

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12