Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger12 Hex
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Equivalent to Christmas morning?

So... I went ahead and pulled the trigger on my first custom Hammock. With all the choices out there it was tough, but with the material they use and being located in my home state I went with Dream Hammock's Sparrow.

Can't wait for this to get here, and after only a few days the anticipation is killing me. So to pass the time I figured I would start a thread and hear others peoples stories about waiting for/getting their first custom hammock.

Unexpected twists, love plots, MuRdEr!?!?! But seriously, no one incriminate themselves.

What was the feeling you got, and did it live up to the hype you made it out to be?

Or was it a huge disappointment and you found yourself hanging in regret? (pun intended)

This doesn't have to pertain to hammocks only. Custom UQ's, TQ's, tarps, suspension?

Cheers!

Hammock
    Chameleon wide
    Tarp
    WB MJ
    Insulation
    LL HabUQ, SSSerTQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Equivalent to Christmas morning = So True!

You put so much time into researching, looking at various options, whittling the list down, maybe call or email the vendor and then you *gulp* finally pull the trigger, then you second guess your choice of [insert item, option, fabric, color, type of suspension, etc.] here. Yes, the anticipation drives you crazy...are they on my order yet? Oooo - shipping confirmation...tracking checks multiple times per day, arrival, unboxing checking things out! It's probably almost worse than Christmas because you are so invested with it! It's all worth it in the end, especially with the cottage vendors that we so love and geek out over!

With my first hammock/tarp (XLC & MJ) it was more about the initial research and I wasn't quite ready to go full custom with something I wasn't sure how it would turn out. For me this was a great way to start learning about this hammocking thing. I dealt with a pad for a year and then started chipping away at getting a couple of LL quilts. It's just so fun. After my XLC died this past summer, I went a little more custom with a Chameleon. I've only had one night so far but it's been good. OK - so maybe not the exact type of response you were looking for but I'm sure others have much more interesting ones!
    Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
    ~Bill Nye

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger12 Hex
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Benchmark View Post
    Equivalent to Christmas morning = So True!

You put so much time into researching, looking at various options, whittling the list down, maybe call or email the vendor and then you *gulp* finally pull the trigger, then you second guess your choice of [insert item, option, fabric, color, type of suspension, etc.] here. Yes, the anticipation drives you crazy...are they on my order yet? Oooo - shipping confirmation...tracking checks multiple times per day, arrival, unboxing checking things out! It's probably almost worse than Christmas because you are so invested with it! It's all worth it in the end, especially with the cottage vendors that we so love and geek out over!

With my first hammock/tarp (XLC & MJ) it was more about the initial research and I wasn't quite ready to go full custom with something I wasn't sure how it would turn out. For me this was a great way to start learning about this hammocking thing. I dealt with a pad for a year and then started chipping away at getting a couple of LL quilts. It's just so fun. After my XLC died this past summer, I went a little more custom with a Chameleon. I've only had one night so far but it's been good. OK - so maybe not the exact type of response you were looking for but I'm sure others have much more interesting ones!
    Exactly what I was looking for Benchmark! To a tee you have described it thus far for me. I have already started checking my order number 2 times a day, and I am 7 weeks out from getting it. Haha, good to hear its worth it though.

As you said you pull the trigger and every choice you made is instantly wrong. I have already asked for one change in my order which I am certain of, but I have a list of things I am throwing around and not going to bother them with until I am c

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Ordering from Dream Hammock is the best.. The anticipation is part of the fun. For the record, I probably modded my order 1o times before I finalized my custom sparrow order...I will order from Dream Hammock again, as they are my hammock vendor of choice. I started with ENO, then Kammock, then DH. I bought a Dutch netless hammock from Dutchware Gear as a gift for my Mom as well to get her into the hobby.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger12 Hex
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyroler Holzhacker View Post
    Ordering from Dream Hammock is the best.. The anticipation is part of the fun. For the record, I probably modded my order 1o times before I finalized my custom sparrow order...I will order from Dream Hammock again, as they are my hammock vendor of choice. I started with ENO, then Kammock, then DH. I bought a Dutch netless hammock from Dutchware Gear as a gift for my Mom as well to get her into the hobby.
    Yes, the anticipation is something I did not expect, but I am straight giddy for this thing to get here. Funny you should says that you made all of those changes. I already made one, and I have a list of things I am knocking around in my head that I don't know if I am doing right or not, but either way I am sure I'll love it.

Everyone I have dealt with at DH is crazy nice, and I will certainly be ordering from them again as well!

Hammock
    dream hammock
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    underquilt
    Suspension
    straps
    just got mine in and going to yellow river tomorrow with the family. anticipation is hard. the order status page keeps you in suspense. i found i had to check it almost every day, it don't change that much but i guess i felt i had to. i set it up as soon as i got it and it is the most comfortable hammock i have ever been in.and they were great with any changes or questions. got exactly what i wanted. i got order #8152. my thoughts are it was well worth it.i am now looking at a custom quilt and tarp, if they are half as easy to work with as DH i will be happy.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger12 Hex
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by tomlj75 View Post
    just got mine in and going to yellow river tomorrow with the family. anticipation is hard. the order status page keeps you in suspense. i found i had to check it almost every day, it don't change that much but i guess i felt i had to. i set it up as soon as i got it and it is the most comfortable hammock i have ever been in.and they were great with any changes or questions. got exactly what i wanted. i got order #8152. my thoughts are it was well worth it.i am now looking at a custom quilt and tarp, if they are half as easy to work with as DH i will be happy.
    That is awesome!

Mine should be coming in soon. Order #8342, and I too have been checking it daily. I ordered a tarp from UGQ & my UQ & TQ to match from HG. Really excited about getting it all in!

Share photo's of your setup!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    HammockGear Cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ, ZPacks TQ
    Suspension
    UHMWPE/Amsteel
    Lets see photos.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger12 Hex
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Sorry for the delayed response. I have been moving and it has taken up all of my free time.

You can see photos in the link below.

I can't believe I did this, but used it last weekend on a camping trip in Ohio and did not take any photos. I will try to take a few this week and post them this weekend.

Cheers!

https://www.dreamhammock.com/order_d...tml?order=8342

• + New Posts