JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB Universal Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Web-cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryl View Post
    I was deciding a double for reassurance. True story, I had a friend who fell through his hammock. Not once but twice. A Lawson blue ridge bridge hammock and I believe a Walmart hammock. He is not a heavy person and both should of held him. But I have a bad back, so if that was me, I probably still be on the ground crying. That and I realize, I feel better sleeping on a flat surface. Like the floor, just need a little stretch not much. It’s what works for my back. I’m just trying to figure out of the two, which one would be more of a flat lay with little stretch. I know it might be an over kill, but if helps the back and don’t give in the middle of the night, well that’s priceless. Thank you.
    If you want a guaranteed flat lay and weight is not an issue, have you considered a bridge hammock?

Quote Originally Posted by TominMN View Post
    The thing about having tie-outs is that you can anchor the UQ at your shoulder. Somewhat less important for some is to also anchor the UQ diagonally at your feet. They don't cost much. They don't weigh much. And you don't have to use them all the time. Just something to consider.

(I'm guessing this hammock is primarily intended for cold weather?)

The double layer is going to contribute more to stiffness than flatness, a subtle difference. The flatness comes from your diagonal lay...
    True, I will add that to my list. I do love the winter (snow), but I do have other hammocks for different purposes.
    And I understand the diagonal lay, but didn’t consider the stiffness. Thanks for enlightening me on that issue.
    Last edited by Terryl; 03-31-2019 at 11:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundskeeper View Post
    If you want a guaranteed flat lay and weight is not an issue, have you considered a bridge hammock?
    Well I do have a bridge hammock. It’s my kayaking hammock, it weighs over 4 pounds just the hammock. But kayaking down the river for a couple of days, I don’t notice the weight. I own a couple of different hammocks, but I wanted to try a dream hammock. And doing a bunch of research, talking to Randy, I just wanted a real world experience. Someone that had owned and to hear the pros and cons. And thanks for your response

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle

Need help deciding.

I think you should go with a beefy single layer. At 180, it’s overkill. I’m thinking the 1.7 MTN or higher if you want to be on the firm and durable side of the spectrum. Much better to put that weight and money into a swappable fabric top and bugnet. Just be smart and don’t wear any clothing with hardware on it and you will never have any failures.

The Hexcam top sounds like a nice touch though!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12