Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    As for things that go bump in the night, I live in Colorado. When I hear a twig snap I'm thinking bear, lion, coyote, wolf, moose? Of course, there are elk and deer and little critters but they don't scare me.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolloff View Post
    Drumming Grouse.

First couple times on solo hikes I thought someone was trying to start one of those 2-stroke hit and miss engines all night. They were almost getting it to go too!
    They remind me of the 2 cylinder John Deere tractors from my childhood.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    Pad and blankets
    Suspension
    Straps
    I live in North Alabama, and I hang 3 seasons. Summers are hot and humid, I like shorts and a T shirt and socks. Spring and fall I may wear Long Johns and Wool Socks. If it gets cold I wear a Toboggan. (Bald Head)

I ensure my clothes provide enough insulation to keep me warm in the cold temperature but also prevent moisture from lingering on my body. My go-to method to dress for cold weather is layering up. I usually wear a base layer, a middle layer, an outer layer, and my favorite beanie. If the weather is relatively mild, I wear a regular pajama and sometimes an extra loose hoodie. I also have a nice onesie and a pair of socks that give me a dark academia vibe, which I adore! Sometimes when I go camping, I would grab those with me, just to show it off, LOL, although they are not exactly practical unless worn at home.
    Last edited by stefancoseby; 07-27-2022 at 17:49.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    If my pants and shirt are dry, I just stay in them. If they are sweat or rain soaked, I change into spare dry pants and shirt. No socks for me while sleeping.

If clothes are wet and there are no dry clothes to change, then if I’m too cold, those clothes would be hanging on hammock ridgeline to dry (some) overnight.
    But if those clothes are just damp—and I’m not cold, I’ve worn them dry. That is let clothes dry out just from wearing.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Hvn
    Insulation
    Apex/Down
    Suspension
    Birch/Beetle buckl
    I usually go with whatever’s my base layer (long johns and liner shirt if it’s cold, maybe with a fleece if I want to be a little warmer; shorts and a t-shirt if it’s warm); I have a few pairs of wool socks made for diabetics that I tend to use as sleep socks (very non-binding), and if it’s going to be cold, I have a cheap down hood I found on Amazon. In cold weather I also often sleep in my down booties. For weather where it’s apt to make me start out wet, I tend to change to something dry. Because I usually camp with Scouts, sleeping in my underwear isn’t an option. I’m apt to sleep in socks, even in the summer, because I permethrin treat them, and our area has a *lot* of chiggers in the leaf litter, which I tend to find the hard way looking for a tree to water at night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB XLC UL DL
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Wooki, UGQ
    Suspension
    Becket straps
    Images
    I have some lightweight silk leggings and top. They are really more to keep the hammock from me as I generally sleep with little on so it is as close as I can get to that and still protect the hammock from my stink.

Wool socks and down jacket are generally in the hammock with me but I rarely want either.

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    At home I never sleep in anything more than my boxers and have found that deviating from that affects my sleep quality. My hammock and TQ are due a washing.

Hammock
    HG Wanderlust
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    HG Economy
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    I just created a lighterpack account. https://lighterpack.com/r/vc52zf

My last trip I just wore what I was hiking in since it was pretty warm. Outdoor Research Sun hoodie, Columbia convertible hiking pants, and some REI Merino Wool socks.
    It's basically only 3 seasons where I'm at. At the coldest with tent camping I'll wear a mid weight base layer shirt, fleece, puffy jacket, beanie, leggings, hiking pants, darn tough socks, and a neck buff to keep my beanie on.

I've yet to test out the 20 deg top quilt/underquilt setup in colder temps. I'll probably just go with my normal layering system.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    Nothing but a smile.

Until it gets cold. then I wear a base layer.

if I have company along, I might put something on before I leave the hammock... if they're lucky

Sent from my SM-T727V using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast