Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thick wool or fleece socks because I try not to wear boots in the hammock. Nothing else too notable, just no cotton. I used to have a pair of Goody's fleece socks from Vermont that were ideal for this.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    I wear silk base layer (bottom and top) most of the year, just to keep my quilts clean. If it is cooler, I have thicker merino layer I'll wear.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    kstpehens, Welocme to the forum. I may follow your style in the future. Usually, I'd wear cotton pj's - easier to wash clothes than to wash down TQ - but on my last trip I wore Silk. It was decades old from my, long, long ago, mountain days. Very lightweight, warm enough. And I can see a merino layer would substitute when late fall arrives. I also wear very light "ankle" socks.

In addition to keeping the quilts clean, there is something psychological (to me) about changing from "day clothes" to night clothes. It puts the day "to sleep" and puts me to sleep.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Journey
    Insulation
    UP Synthetic
    Suspension
    beckett hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    kstpehens, Welocme to the forum. I may follow your style in the future. Usually, I'd wear cotton pj's - easier to wash clothes than to wash down TQ - but on my last trip I wore Silk. It was decades old from my, long, long ago, mountain days. Very lightweight, warm enough. And I can see a merino layer would substitute when late fall arrives. I also wear very light "ankle" socks.

In addition to keeping the quilts clean, there is something psychological (to me) about changing from "day clothes" to night clothes. It puts the day "to sleep" and puts me to sleep.
    Was hunting for some merino lightweight baselayers, but, now I'm going to see what the price difference is and take a look at silk

Full length merino "PJs" for me. Mine are from Alpkit so likely to be generic Chinese items just rebranded. As noted by a previous poster, having something to change into as evening (sic) wear makes a difference. Keeps the top quilt and hammock cleaner as well.
    Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry - Viking proverb

I really like my Terramar thermasilk, they are lighter than 150 weight merino wool. I also like that the medium thermasilk bottoms fit my waist comfortably but are looser and less form-fitting than my icebreaker bottoms, I find this much more comfortable to sleep in. If I get cold I'll put on my fleece and down puffy.
    https://archzine.net/

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear 30
    Suspension
    Dutch BeetleBuckle
    As little as possible, depending on weather and company.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    I always like going SOBO; somehow, it feels like going downhill.

...and as it harm none, do what ye will.

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    @TreeBeard13 same for me athletic shirt to hopefully keep some sweat out of the hammock plus athletic shorts. Colder weather just long underwear.
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet minifly
    Insulation
    EE underquilt, Kel
    Suspension
    Dynaweave Beckett
    Winter: Midweight 250 merino leggings, wool socks that I bring specifically for sleeping, and a lightweight/midweight base layer top depending on temperature. Will add my lightweight fleece vest, sometimes a nano air hoodie if it’s in the 20’s. So basically just glorified long Johns in most situations..

Summer: lightweight athletic shorts and no shirt or socks. Sometimes a t shirt…I always carry an extra lightweight cotton t shirt for summer in case the nights are cool in the mountains. It only weighs 3.6oz so worth having an extra clean shirt if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Mentally, I'm still in the Smokies"
    https://lighterpack.com/r/x0j67m

Hammock
    HG Circadian
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream
    Insulation
    HGs (stacked!)
    Suspension
    strap/biner/knot
    I'm just jumping in, haven't read the whole thread... but I like to wear clothes where I can jump out of the hammock and fix the tarp without feeling horrible. This is especially important --- for me --- in winter. I typically wear a jacket and softshell pants. For some reason, I don't sleep well if I feel "naked" inside my topquilt.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast