DIY 10.5' Hexon1.6 burntcoyote
    Tarp
    DIY ASYM
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ/CDT
    Suspension
    Dyno-Poly Beetles

Coyote brown Dutch wide ASYM or Kitsap Cowboy Glasgow 2.0 tarp

Would anyone have either a Dutchware Wide ASYM tarp in coyote brown? I would also be interested in a completed Kitsap Cowboy’s DIY Glasgow 2.0 tarp in coyote brown.

I don’t need hardware or cordage, just the tarp. Pictures are appreciated.

Thanks!
    If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else.
    - Yogi Berra

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tstark View Post
    Would anyone have either a Dutchware Wide ASYM tarp in coyote brown? I would also be interested in a completed Kitsap Cowboy’s DIY Glasgow 2.0 tarp in coyote brown.
    I've got a DIY Asym made from xenon wide in coyote brown, if you're interested. Great tarp, only used a handful of times. $70 shipped CONUS.

IMG_1406.jpgIMG_1408.jpgIMG_1728.jpgIMG_1734.jpg
    Last edited by jcksparow; 03-25-2019 at 23:47.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY ASYM
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ/CDT
    Suspension
    Dyno-Poly Beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by jcksparow View Post
    I've got a DIY Asym made from xenon wide in coyote brown, if you're interested. Great tarp, only used a handful of times. $70 shipped CONUS.

IMG_1406.jpgIMG_1408.jpgIMG_1728.jpgIMG_1734.jpg
    jcksparrow, that is a nice looking tarp, it looks to be constructed well, but I'm guessing you didn't use Dutch's pattern/instructions? It looks like it doesn't have all of the same tie-out points, etc.

I am interested as long as a more exact version of what I'm looking for isn't offered in the next week.

A few questions:
    1. What are the dimensions of the tarp?
    2. Are there D-rings on the tie-out points or are they grosgrain only?
    3. I see either snakeskins or a double-ended stuff sack on the tarp, will that ship with the tarp?

Best,
    - Yogi Berra

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    jcksparrow, that is a nice looking tarp, it looks to be constructed well, but I'm guessing you didn't use Dutch's pattern/instructions? It looks like it doesn't have all of the same tie-out points, etc.

I am interested as long as a more exact version of what I'm looking for isn't offered in the next week.

A few questions:
    1. What are the dimensions of the tarp?
    2. Are there D-rings on the tie-out points or are they grosgrain only?
    3. I see either snakeskins or a double-ended stuff sack on the tarp, will that ship with the tarp?

Best,
    Correct, I constructed this prior to Dutch’s pattern being made available. It has a total of 8 tie-outs, as opposed to 10 on the Dutchware version. All tie-outs have Beastie D-rings (¾” in main corners and ½” for auxiliary tie-out points). All tie-outs are reinforced, and tarp will ship with both a full length mesh snakeskin, and a stuffsack made of the same material as the tarp. When I get a chance tomorrow, I'll string it up and get some measurements for you.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    I have a Kitsap Cowboy Glosgow Asym clone I made over the winter. Not Coyote brown though...It's Olive Yellow.

Three ridge tie out options and an extra set of tie out points on the long side.. Total of 12 points I believe. All with 1/2" Beastie D rings. The six ridge tie out options have small diamond knots tied to them to easily transfer the ridge line(s). 1.1 Silpoly XL from RBTR. 1/4" double rolled hem all around. All stress point reinforcements are bonded, not stitched.

The shortest set of ridge tie outs at 124" get the tarp down tight to an 11' hammock for storm mode, maximizing the side coverage.

Includes a noseeum double ended stuff sack. Could include ground lines and RL's if needed. I can make another for myself.

PM if you would like to discuss. I'll post another image or two this morning.

Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY ASYM
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ/CDT
    Suspension
    Dyno-Poly Beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    I have a Kitsap Cowboy Glosgow Asym clone I made over the winter. Not Coyote brown though...It's Olive Yellow.

Three ridge tie out options and an extra set of tie out points on the long side.. Total of 12 points I believe. All with 1/2" Beastie D rings. The six ridge tie out options have small diamond knots tied to them to easily transfer the ridge line(s). 1.1 Silpoly XL from RBTR. 1/4" double rolled hem all around. All stress point reinforcements are bonded, not stitched.

The shortest set of ridge tie outs at 124" get the tarp down tight to an 11' hammock for storm mode, maximizing the side coverage.

Includes a noseeum double ended stuff sack. Could include ground lines and RL's if needed. I can make another for myself.

PM if you would like to discuss. I'll post another image or two this morning.

Hey MikekiM, thanks for the offer. I am looking for Coyote brown, specifically, I was going to buy from Dutch but he’s all out of that color. I am a DIY-er, but am limited on time and want the ASYM tarp for a trip coming up. I like your schematics, I may reference for future projects.
    - Yogi Berra

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY ASYM
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ/CDT
    Suspension
    Dyno-Poly Beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by jcksparow View Post
    Correct, I constructed this prior to Dutch’s pattern being made available. It has a total of 8 tie-outs, as opposed to 10 on the Dutchware version. All tie-outs have Beastie D-rings (¾” in main corners and ½” for auxiliary tie-out points). All tie-outs are reinforced, and tarp will ship with both a full length mesh snakeskin, and a stuffsack made of the same material as the tarp. When I get a chance tomorrow, I'll string it up and get some measurements for you.
    I’m still interested in jccksparrow’s offer, just want to be diligent and know the coverage before buying. I don’t need exact dimensions, really, knowing your hammock length will help.

I’m assuming with your hammock being the chameleon clone that it is an 11’-er?
    And what was the material used?
    - Yogi Berra

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Hey MikekiM, thanks for the offer. I am looking for Coyote brown, specifically, I was going to buy from Dutch but he’s all out of that color. I am a DIY-er, but am limited on time and want the ASYM tarp for a trip coming up. I like your schematics, I may reference for future projects.
    All good my friend! Good luck with your search!

Sent from somewhere east of Montauk...
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Hi tstark, I have one in coyote brown, made by Kitsapcowboy.

Edit to add: It is "left lay," which is head right/feet left. I suppose you could flip it, but finished-side-out is for left lay. However, the workmanship is so clean that the unfinished side looks very good as well.

I have used it a few nights (no more than 7 total) and it is in new condition. I really like the tarp but for me it is a niche item and it is a superior piece of gear that deserves to be used regularly.

$125 shipped.

Cowboy_Glasgow_KISS_tarp_SMALL.jpg Cowboy_Glasgow_KISS_tarp_02_SMALL.jpg
    Last edited by cmoulder; 03-29-2019 at 11:32.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY ASYM
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ/CDT
    Suspension
    Dyno-Poly Beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    Hi tstark, I have one in coyote brown, made by Kitsapcowboy.

Edit to add: It is "left lay," which is head right/feet left. I suppose you could flip it, but finished-side-out is for left lay. However, the workmanship is so clean that the unfinished side looks very good as well.

I have used it a few nights (no more than 7 total) and it is in new condition. I really like the tarp but for me it is a niche item and it is a superior piece of gear that deserves to be used regularly.

$125 shipped.

Cowboy_Glasgow_KISS_tarp_SMALL.jpg Cowboy_Glasgow_KISS_tarp_02_SMALL.jpg
    Thanks for the offer, it’s out of my price range at this point, even though it’s exactly what I’m looking for.
    - Yogi Berra

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast