Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    That's pretty cool to have in your backyard! Might also be an easier start point to get everybody gathered up? Maybe plan a route from there and see what happens, I would think it would be difficult to see all the best spots in a weekend?

We can talk more around the fire at SprinterGiving, I'm sure a few there will be interested as well.

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonatic View Post
    I would be totally up for a NCT hang where hiking is the main course. I'd love to get an introduction to that trail from someone who can point out the ins and outs of it. I would be unavailable the first 10 days in May. Otherwise late April or May would work for me.

If a spring hike isn't feasible, I'd imagine that Sep is glorious and probably a bit less pencilled in for everyone.
    Aye September if my favorite time of year to be on the trail, obviously the later you push it the better colors you get. From what it's looking like so far and this is very much just my amateur guess, I'm expecting our trails to be clear by mid April. With as sick as the lake ice is looking we may have ice out by then as well or end of April at the latest. As always I keep looking over my shoulder for that last April snow storm but from the way the temps are running we may luck out this year (knock on wood). Mostly in the low 40's during the day with a couple days reaching into the 50's so far. My fingers are crossed. As long as the snow clears I'll take the rain so we don't then bounce into extreme fire danger.

I also mention that for those that are just getting into backpacking / hiking the NCT in WI is just a great place to start. It is flat and I mean really flat. A flat lander's glory. There are some small hills as all trails will have but it's nothing compared to say the Superior Hiking Trail or the Porcupine Mountains in terms of elevation changes.
    Last edited by alifeoutdoors; 03-24-2019 at 11:56.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goobie View Post
    That's pretty cool to have in your backyard! Might also be an easier start point to get everybody gathered up? Maybe plan a route from there and see what happens, I would think it would be difficult to see all the best spots in a weekend?

We can talk more around the fire at SprinterGiving, I'm sure a few there will be interested as well.
    Absolutely. I'm still iffy about making it down, there's a lot of first aid / chainsaw certification training happening in April that I need to attend but the Trail Coordinator is still locking down the dates for us. If I don't make it let me know anything you all come up with, I can put together options pretty easily.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Quote Originally Posted by alifeoutdoors View Post
    Aye September if my favorite time of year to be on the trail, obviously the later you push it the better colors you get. From what it's looking like so far and this is very much just my amateur guess, I'm expecting our trails to be clear by mid April. With as sick as the lake ice is looking we may have ice out by then as well or end of April at the latest. As always I keep looking over my shoulder for that last April snow storm but from the way the temps are running we may luck out this year (knock on wood). Mostly in the low 40's during the day with a couple days reaching into the 50's so far. My fingers are crossed. As long as the snow clears I'll take the rain so we don't then bounce into extreme fire danger.

I also mention that for those that are just getting into backpacking / hiking the NCT in WI is just a great place to start. It is flat and I mean really flat. A flat lander's glory. There are some small hills as all trails will have but it's nothing compared to say the Superior Hiking Trail or the Porcupine Mountains in terms of elevation changes.
    Sept is a good time for me since my work busy season starts in oct. also the wife and I are expecting our first child in November so I’d like to get out before that.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234