Has anybody ever made or used a double layer hammock with the inner-layer designed to carry all the weight and the outer layer a stretchier fabric that is there just to keep the insulation against the inner layer?

With a traditional DL hammock, the weight of the user is on the pad and both are supported by the bottom layer. What I'm envisioning is a system where the weight of the user does not compress the insulation much because the 2nd layer allows more stretch, which I think would be more comfortable when used with a pad and might even allow a much softer pad or even blanket to be used for insulation without completely compressing it. Please post links to any threads where this has been discussed already, and perhaps some folks with a DL hammock with 1 layer stretchier than the other can experiment with flipping it inside out and tell me if this seems worth looking into further. The stretchier outer layer may need to actually be larger in dimensions than the weight-bearing inner layer, so hopefully somebody has tried this at some point?? All thoughts welcome.