Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I suppose you could paddle the Mullica, and when you're done, you could paddle the lower Batsto, or the Oswego or Wading River. Sounds like a logistical nightmare to me, though.

I once paddled the Oswego and Wading River in the same weekend. I don't remember the logistics for the first day (Oswego), but njredneck had a trailer and dropped us off at Hawkins Bridge to paddle the Wading River. After 40 years of canoeing without ever tipping my canoe, I did it twice that weekend. On the Oswego, I took my eyes off the river for a second, hit an underwater log, and went in the drink. No problem - only five minutes from our end point - Bodine Field.

On the second day, paddling the Wading River, an inexperienced paddler just flipped our canoe without even hitting anything. Unfortunately, we were 9 miles from our destination (Bodine Field, again), and it started snowing almost immediately. Talk about a miserable nine miles! I didn't feel so bad, because one of our party went into the river, and he was wearing 100% cotton - glad I wasn't him!
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 03-28-2019 at 18:58.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Images
    For someone who has never flipped gis canoe before touve flipped your canoe an awful lot since ive known you. Its reasonable to believe youve always been clumsy and are a frequent swimmer. Youre even swimming when you go hiking! Hahaha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Pine Barrens Leather

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    For someone who has never flipped gis canoe before touve flipped your canoe an awful lot since ive known you. Its reasonable to believe youve always been clumsy and are a frequent swimmer. Youre even swimming when you go hiking! Hahaha
    That was not SS's fault! That boat was having some sort of spell.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    Speling is fundemintul. I have only flipped my canoe twice in 40+ years, both in the same weekend. I'll take the blame for the first flip, but the second one had nothing to do with me.

And yes, I have gone swimming while hiking.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 40F
    Suspension
    Dutchware strap BB
    As of now once again I'm trying to go paddling and camping on the Mullica Saturday April 27 with a few friends and possibly AMC members. If anyone is around and wants to join feel free. As it gets closer if I have a few going I will book my site. Will try my first hammock trip!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 40F
    Suspension
    Dutchware strap BB
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Speling is fundemintul. I have only flipped my canoe twice in 40+ years, both in the same weekend. I'll take the blame for the first flip, but the second one had nothing to do with me.

And yes, I have gone swimming while hiking.
    Hey SilvrSurfr , which I had the skills like you do, I went for a dunk 3x's two weeks ago on the Ramapo River in Rockland county, and they were all my faults!

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by coldfeet View Post
    As of now once again I'm trying to go paddling and camping on the Mullica Saturday April 27 with a few friends and possibly AMC members. If anyone is around and wants to join feel free. As it gets closer if I have a few going I will book my site. Will try my first hammock trip!
    FYI Mullica river camp may be pretty much locked up that weekend I believe, at last check. Might want to check on sites sooner than later before you get too far in your planning.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 40F
    Suspension
    Dutchware strap BB
    Ahhhh, thanks will check tomorrow....i just can't catch a break. The ADK's are still frozen for another month according to an outfitter near the Oswagotchie...

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    You can paddle the Mullica from Atsion to Pleasant Mills in one day but it would be a very long day.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 40F
    Suspension
    Dutchware strap BB
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    FYI Mullica river camp may be pretty much locked up that weekend I believe, at last check. Might want to check on sites sooner than later before you get too far in your planning.

HUGE THANKS to silentorpheus! Just grabbed the last site for that Friday night! Site #10 You my friend get a golden ticket! Now to thin out the invite list, didn't think ahead about sites being taken. Many have the same idea.

edit for forgetting to type..

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast