Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I brought the ocean kayak last spring. Not the right tool for the job. A boat with a lot more rocker would have been much more at home. Regardless, I had a great time, hope to do it again this spring!

Pete

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    HG WP and Asymm
    Insulation
    HG TQ, UQ; MLD TQ
    Suspension
    I go Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatBigDave View Post
    Sounds like that could work. I haven't had the honor of meeting your better half - but if she's able to hop out of the boat and drag it a bit, I think you'll be good.
    Well, she hops out easier than I do, but the nice thing about the packraft is that it only weighs 10 pounds! Even I can drag it.

But, now something has come up, and this has to get pushed back to late April.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who say there are two kinds of people, and all the others.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    He lives! Pretbek lives!

Quote Originally Posted by tollermama View Post
    Pretbek, Where have you been hiding? We missed you at the Pumpkin Hang. Come up north sometime get away from all that warm good weather down there.
    Zombie pretbek arises.

Yeah I’ve missed a bunch of outings that I would have loved to participate in. Blame it on the combination of circumstances at work and at home.

This thread has finally pushed me over the edge; I want a kayak now, so I won’t miss any paddling trips because I don’t have a boat and don’t want to ask for a “ride”.
    I have no clue where to look for a good second hand deal, or even what kind of kayak to look for.

Some research is in order, but if you have any tips or advice you want to blurt out, I’m all ears.

I even type with a Dutch accent.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretbek View Post
    Zombie pretbek arises.

Yeah I’ve missed a bunch of outings that I would have loved to participate in. Blame it on the combination of circumstances at work and at home.

This thread has finally pushed me over the edge; I want a kayak now, so I won’t miss any paddling trips because I don’t have a boat and don’t want to ask for a “ride”.
    I have no clue where to look for a good second hand deal, or even what kind of kayak to look for.

Some research is in order, but if you have any tips or advice you want to blurt out, I’m all ears.
    Go for a used one, theres usually a lot on craigslist
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Pine Barrens Leather

Second that. I have four, all bought off of CL.

Pete

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 40F
    Suspension
    Dutchware strap BB
    My Mullica trip is not happening, not enough interest from others for now and car spotting isn't going to happen, A few years back we used an outfitter to pit me up and they drove me to my car parked on their property near the Ranger station put in. BUT great news is my hammock and suspension came in yesterday and I set it up in the yard

I bought a Warbonner Ridgerunner and using a Cooks CCS 12 by 10 tarp, dutchware straps and beetle buckles. Just wrapped it around the tree, set the bars in and was comfy. I fooled around with different heights. Hoping to get out next weekend for one night. I'm going to use a neo air mattress for bottom insulation for now.

What type of kayak? I sold a nice 17ft prijon last summer, going to more open pack boats and canoes. I went paddling yesterday on the Ramapo in Rockland county with the amc. Didn't use a white water canoe or WW kayak. splash! splash! splash! got me the hat trick! But wore a drysuit and stayed dry. Tried my best but wrong boat for that water. Friends said it turned into class 2+ because of recent rains Thursday night. I did have fun but not getting into the WW paddling, just to many hobbies for now.

Hope to paddle Mullica April 26 with AMC, take care

Images
    I use Bel Haven. Great guys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Pine Barrens Leather

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by coldfeet View Post
    My Mullica trip is not happening, not enough interest from others for now and car spotting isn't going to happen, A few years back we used an outfitter to pit me up and they drove me to my car parked on their property near the Ranger station put in. BUT great news is my hammock and suspension came in yesterday and I set it up in the yard

I bought a Warbonner Ridgerunner and using a Cooks CCS 12 by 10 tarp, dutchware straps and beetle buckles. Just wrapped it around the tree, set the bars in and was comfy. I fooled around with different heights. Hoping to get out next weekend for one night. I'm going to use a neo air mattress for bottom insulation for now.

What type of kayak? I sold a nice 17ft prijon last summer, going to more open pack boats and canoes. I went paddling yesterday on the Ramapo in Rockland county with the amc. Didn't use a white water canoe or WW kayak. splash! splash! splash! got me the hat trick! But wore a drysuit and stayed dry. Tried my best but wrong boat for that water. Friends said it turned into class 2+ because of recent rains Thursday night. I did have fun but not getting into the WW paddling, just to many hobbies for now.

Hope to paddle Mullica April 26 with AMC, take care
    Oh darn now I don't have to convince the wife that I need to get away for a second weekend in a row. Hopefully April will generate more interest in a Mullica trip.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by electbc View Post
    Oh darn now I don't have to convince the wife that I need to get away for a second weekend in a row. Hopefully April will generate more interest in a Mullica trip.
    I have always wanted to do a canoe camp trip in the Pine Barrens, but I live in Massachusetts and when you guys do that one night paddle trip it is not long enough for me to go all the way down there for just one night. I would love to do a multi night camp trip if that is possible down there. Are the rivers long enough for that? I have been meaning to come on down there and meet all you folks.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    The river isn't long enough. You can do a few hour paddle to Mullica Wilderness campsite, paddle out in a few hours, Then stay at a different drive up site.
    The Batsto is clogged with blowdown and not navigable.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast