DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by coldfeet View Post
    Ahhhh, thanks will check tomorrow....i just can't catch a break. The ADK's are still frozen for another month according to an outfitter near the Oswagotchie...
    Looks like site 4 is the only one available Saturday 4/27. You can probably get 1 hammock there, maybe 2 if you push into the woods a bit. Not an ideal site, but possibly doable.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 40F
    Suspension
    Dutchware strap BB
    Now I'm wondering why I'm charged $31?
    Two loads of wood $12 Reservation fee $7 Out of state resident $5 then an extra $7 for something else? Oh well, will look at it tomorrow.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    HUGE THANKS to silentorpheus! Just grabbed the last site for that Friday night! Site #10 You my friend get a golden ticket! Now to thin out the invite list, didn't think ahead about sites being taken. Many have the same idea.

edit for forgetting to type..
    Friday night or Saturday night?

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 40F
    Suspension
    Dutchware strap BB
    Saturday night. When I reserved it looked like everything was taken except for site #10. but it was a confusing site that was new to me. I know they changed from Reserve America few years back. Interesting how they have a box to buy wood now.

Sent you a text electbc 3 of us going now, down to 4 if silentorpheus is interested.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Saturday night. When I reserved it looked like everything was taken except for site #10. but it was a confusing site that was new to me. I know they changed from Reserve America few years back. Interesting how they have a box to buy wood now.

Sent you a text electbc 3 of us going now, down to 4 if silentorpheus is interested.
    I'm dealing with a herniated disk, so I'm not sure I'm going to be getting outside much until the doctors give me some good news

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I thought site 10 was really crappy for hammocks, at least that's what our last survey said. See post #53.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ighlight=sites

My recollection, and the photo of site 10 (see post #41) is that you would be very lucky to get even one hammock in there, and even then, the trees are too close together so it will be a subpar hang.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I thought site 10 was really crappy for hammocks, at least that's what our last survey said. See post #53.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ighlight=sites

My recollection, and the photo of site 10 (see post #41) is that you would be very lucky to get even one hammock in there, and even then, the trees are too close together so it will be a subpar hang.
    Site 10 is the very first as you come into camp from the South. Not sure how ideal it is for hammocks directly, but since it's on the edge of camp there are probably options for branching out a bit. It was occupied the last time I was there, so I didn't look too hard.
    Ever since they redid all the sites there (a year or so ago) and a bunch of trees came down in various storms, I'm not sure how much we can rely on the site survey we did 4-5 years ago. Probably time to do another recon of the various camps we frequent, to see what things look like these days.

EDIT: Then again, if trees came down, it's probably worse off than before, not better

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    Ever since they redid all the sites there (a year or so ago) and a bunch of trees came down in various storms, I'm not sure how much we can rely on the site survey we did 4-5 years ago.
    I think we can rely on site 10 not growing any trees since we last surveyed. They certainly didn't expand site 10. I wish I could remember the name of the last guy I saw try to hang a hammock in site 10. I just remember he had glasses, and his gear was on the heavy side. Haven't seen him around the last couple of years.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 40F
    Suspension
    Dutchware strap BB
    I appreciate the early morning bad news, ahhh! But on the good side I did save some $ using Geico and will look into more gear!

Will bring additional gear ( is the word t-nt) banned here like the work kayak on canoe sites? Haha
    I can do a survey for you while there but I wonder if I will get spoken to while measuring each tree space while folks are sleeping? All joking aside, I’m just happy to get out there. Have been on Mullica Batso about 4-5 Times over last 7-8 years. I think it’s the best paddle within 150 miles of NYC in my opinion.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    I appreciate the early morning bad news, ahhh! But on the good side I did save some $ using Geico and will look into more gear!

Will bring additional gear ( is the word t-nt) banned here like the work kayak on canoe sites? Haha
    I can do a survey for you while there but I wonder if I will get spoken to while measuring each tree space while folks are sleeping? All joking aside, I’m just happy to get out there. Have been on Mullica Batso about 4-5 Times over last 7-8 years. I think it’s the best paddle within 150 miles of NYC in my opinion.
    The honest answer is that you'll be paddling in the pine barrens. There are trees there - I'm sure you can find somewhere to hang a hammock.

It might not be in a prime spot, in your campsite, but I'll wager you can figure something out and make it it work. If you have a group of people all with hammocks, that might be a different story. YMMV.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast