Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Images

Trail Lair and SLD Review

This I my first experience with an integrated bug net style hammock. The Trail Lair has a non-removable net which is fine, since I’m almost always going to bring one. I didn’t need to use the pullouts to keep the netting well away from my face. I chose the Hexon 1.6 Wide fabric and had Jared make a finished width of 63”.

For the past three years I’ve used a variety of hammock fabrics including Dutch’s Hexon 1.6, and I’ve come to prefer the Hexon 1.6. I’m a full time hammock sleeper with over a thousand nights in the 1.6. At 6’ tall my preferred hammock length is 11’ and my preferred width is 63”. Anything wider is wasted material and the 58” typical standard width is just a bit too narrow for me. My starting weight was about 230 lbs and for the past year my weight has been 170-175 lbs. I’m familiar with Jared’s work since I own two of his tarps and a custom made porch.

I was up early on Sunday Feb 24th around 3am when I placed the order. I received a confirmation within a few minutes and had a conversation with Jared to insure he had received the note regarding the finished width. So I too don’t believe Jared sleeps. At 6:20 am (yes, that same day and yes, about three hours later) I received an email from Jared advising me he had finished the hammock and would ship it on Monday. I received it on Wednesday February 27th and as expected, it’s perfect. I’ve slept great in it for the past week and it’s very easy for me to immediately find the sweet spot. I’ve read and watched reviews on the Trail Lair describing the comfort and lack of calf ridge. I can now personally attest to this same experience. One big bonus is the free shipping. What a great hammock and amazing service!

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzz View Post
    This I my first experience with an integrated bug net style hammock. The Trail Lair has a non-removable net which is fine, since I’m almost always going to bring one. I didn’t need to use the pullouts to keep the netting well away from my face. I chose the Hexon 1.6 Wide fabric and had Jared make a finished width of 63”.

For the past three years I’ve used a variety of hammock fabrics including Dutch’s Hexon 1.6, and I’ve come to prefer the Hexon 1.6. I’m a full time hammock sleeper with over a thousand nights in the 1.6. At 6’ tall my preferred hammock length is 11’ and my preferred width is 63”. Anything wider is wasted material and the 58” typical standard width is just a bit too narrow for me. My starting weight was about 230 lbs and for the past year my weight has been 170-175 lbs. I’m familiar with Jared’s work since I own two of his tarps and a custom made porch.

I was up early on Sunday Feb 24th around 3am when I placed the order. I received a confirmation within a few minutes and had a conversation with Jared to insure he had received the note regarding the finished width. So I too don’t believe Jared sleeps. At 6:20 am (yes, that same day and yes, about three hours later) I received an email from Jared advising me he had finished the hammock and would ship it on Monday. I received it on Wednesday February 27th and as expected, it’s perfect. I’ve slept great in it for the past week and it’s very easy for me to immediately find the sweet spot. I’ve read and watched reviews on the Trail Lair describing the comfort and lack of calf ridge. I can now personally attest to this same experience. One big bonus is the free shipping. What a great hammock and amazing service!
    Another great SLD testimony! Jared , the hardest single working cottage vendor in the cottage industry!
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    SLD WH
    Insulation
    MH 0 Bag/LL 0 RR
    Suspension
    STRAPS
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortRound View Post
    Another great SLD testimony! Jared , the hardest single working cottage vendor in the cottage industry!
    That's the ABSOLUTE TRUTH,...and fastest responder to email correspondence among all. Top notch IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheMove View Post
    That's the ABSOLUTE TRUTH,...and fastest responder to email correspondence among all. Top notch IMHO.
    Affirmative! Fastest fingers known to mankind on the thread injector. I get email responses even before I hit "send" .

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DWG + SLD Voyager
    Tarp
    WBEdge+SLD WindH
    Insulation
    SLD IUQP
    Suspension
    DWG + WBFisHooks
    Jared is like GOOGLE! Super fast at getting you what you want and need!
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 11
    Insulation
    HG/UGQ/EE/LL
    Suspension
    Straps & buckles
    Already being a very satisfied owner of a Chameleon and Raven hammock, I had no experience with SLD products but had read all the positive reviews from owners. Because of this, when I was wanting to add a couple of more hammocks for my family last fall and the opportunities came up to buy a barely used Trail Lair single layer in Hexon 1.6 and a double layer Trail Lair in Robic 1.0 XL, both with Wind Shields, for very good prices, I jumped on them. No regrets at all. Excellent quality. I wouldn't say the workmanship is better than my other hammocks but it is certainly equal to them. Just recently I wanted to add another full coverage tarp and bought a Winter Haven XL from the SLD clearance section. I already owned excellent Warbonnet and UGQ tarps and while the Winter Haven may not be functionally better than them, the corner reinforcement and panel pull out patches are definitely larger and beefier and the quality and workmanship is first class. An excellent tarp.
    Last edited by sabinajiles; 03-10-2019 at 14:44.

• + New Posts