Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    3/4 Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Dutch 1.5 Spider

Streamliner Hammock 2019

Howdy folks,

Im interested in the streamliner from SLD.

Unfortunately there arent alot of reviews, photos, or talk about this that I could find. Is that a bad thing?? I understand its a niche piece of gear but Im kinda surprised I dont hear about it more...

Im hoping to hear from folks who have experience using this hammock; Pros & Cons would be super helpful in my decision making.

Thanks hammock hangers!

Hammock
    DWG + SLD Voyager
    Tarp
    WBEdge+SLD WindH
    Insulation
    SLD IUQP
    Suspension
    DWG + WBFisHooks
    Shortround did a video
    https://youtu.be/CW5HP2lUwG8

My experience is that it is comfy with no calf ridge... the trade off is the sides are tight on legs getting out.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG UQ, Custom TQ
    Suspension
    Yes
    I have one in Robic 1.0. It's crazy light and comfortable. No need for knotty mods and easier to see out of. I use a netted ridgeline storage thing for my quilt so it doesn't fall out. Not the best for sitting in, but I don't do that.

Images
    I have one and use it fairly often, especially outside of bug season - it's probably my top choice of hammocks in winter.

The catenary cut to the hammock does reduce the fabric wall on the sides opposite your head and opposite your feet. Mine is 11' and I find it to be a very comfortable hammock with no noticeable calf ridge. I made an adjustable structural ridgeline for it, based on some comments I found that the "usual 83% rule" might not be quite optimum for this hammock. I can't say for sure what I found to be the best ridgeline length for me, but I'd say it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 108" (which is pretty close to 83%, btw).

It's a simple hammock that packs down super small, and comes in an appropriately small double-ended stuff sack. It's more of a ball shape than the typical tube shape.

I chose mine in what seems like a bit of an oddball, the 1.3oz black ripstop. It's a very comfortable fabric.

One typical complaint, which is a valid one, but doesn't bother me, is that it's a little harder to get in and out of, and less comfortable to sit sideways in (lounge mode) than traditional gathered end hammocks, because of the catenary cut sides which don't have the usual amount of "extra" fabric.
    Last edited by cmc4free; 03-06-2019 at 14:10.

I've had mine for a number of years, made from 2.4 fabric in coyote brown, since I planned on using it for winter only trips. It's a good sleeping hammock or lounging hammock, but you have to get used to the cat cuts when you sit and swing into the hammock. Here's some other links that may be of help. You can't go wrong with anything from Jared at SLD!

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...amliner-review
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...mliner-Hammock
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...LD-streamliner

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Get yourself one!!!! I think it's the most underrated, and best priced, hammock out there! Still have the original I did the review on, it's become my loaner for those interested in checking out the concept, and a 1.6 Argon version Jared made me when that fabric came out. A Robic version is in the not too distant future.

Cons? Only a couple really.

No bugnet: I know Jared attempted an attached bugnet version but had many difficulties getting everything to work well, there's a lot of curves and angles that need to match up, so he abandoned the concept. I use a bottom entry with mine, the latest version my son uses is a diy "big mouth fronkey" with one end left open that close with shocks cord after it's pulled over your head.

The top quilt: Without the extra fabric, that also blocks your view, you need to keep an eye on your TQ mainly when getting out or it inevitably falls out..... usually when the ground is wet! Not a big deal and you get used to holding the foot end of your quilt in the hammock when you exit.

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    as far as lounging, can't you fold it in half and sit comfortably?

Images
    I feel like when I've tried that, it was like sitting on a seat that was angled sharply downwards. Yes, you can, but I think it's a little sub-optimal.

Hammock
    Darien Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    3/4 Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Dutch 1.5 Spider
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
    I have one in Robic 1.0. It's crazy light and comfortable. No need for knotty mods and easier to see out of. I use a netted ridgeline storage thing for my quilt so it doesn't fall out. Not the best for sitting in, but I don't do that.

Can you tell me more about this ridgeline storage thing...hah

Hammock
    Darien Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    3/4 Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Dutch 1.5 Spider
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    I have one and use it fairly often, especially outside of bug season - it's probably my top choice of hammocks in winter.

The catenary cut to the hammock does reduce the fabric wall on the sides opposite your head and opposite your feet. Mine is 11' and I find it to be a very comfortable hammock with no noticeable calf ridge. I made an adjustable structural ridgeline for it, based on some comments I found that the "usual 83% rule" might not be quite optimum for this hammock. I can't say for sure what I found to be the best ridgeline length for me, but I'd say it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 108" (which is pretty close to 83%, btw).

It's a simple hammock that packs down super small, and comes in an appropriately small double-ended stuff sack. It's more of a ball shape than the typical tube shape.

I chose mine in what seems like a bit of an oddball, the 1.3oz black ripstop. It's a very comfortable fabric.

One typical complaint, which is a valid one, but doesn't bother me, is that it's a little harder to get in and out of, and less comfortable to sit sideways in (lounge mode) than traditional gathered end hammocks, because of the catenary cut sides which don't have the usual amount of "extra" fabric.

Yeah I saw that he offered a 1.3 oz black ripstop, which I had never see before nor could I find much info about it. But seems like you like yours

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast