Darien Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    3/4 Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Dutch 1.5 Spider
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    I've had mine for a number of years, made from 2.4 fabric in coyote brown, since I planned on using it for winter only trips. It's a good sleeping hammock or lounging hammock, but you have to get used to the cat cuts when you sit and swing into the hammock. Here's some other links that may be of help. You can't go wrong with anything from Jared at SLD!

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...amliner-review
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...mliner-Hammock
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...LD-streamliner

Thanks for the links!

Hammock
    Darien Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    3/4 Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Dutch 1.5 Spider
    Quote Originally Posted by goobie View Post
    Get yourself one!!!! I think it's the most underrated, and best priced, hammock out there! Still have the original I did the review on, it's become my loaner for those interested in checking out the concept, and a 1.6 Argon version Jared made me when that fabric came out. A Robic version is in the not too distant future.

Cons? Only a couple really.

No bugnet: I know Jared attempted an attached bugnet version but had many difficulties getting everything to work well, there's a lot of curves and angles that need to match up, so he abandoned the concept. I use a bottom entry with mine, the latest version my son uses is a diy "big mouth fronkey" with one end left open that close with shocks cord after it's pulled over your head.

The top quilt: Without the extra fabric, that also blocks your view, you need to keep an eye on your TQ mainly when getting out or it inevitably falls out..... usually when the ground is wet! Not a big deal and you get used to holding the foot end of your quilt in the hammock when you exit.

I plan to pair this with a Dutch summer sock or bugnet.

One of the only reasons Ive stuck with a netted hammock so far (besides insect protection) is that I like how the netting keeps everything inside the hammock. Ive used netless hammocks over night before and I felt like my TQ was always falling out

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG UQ, Custom TQ
    Suspension
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by blue indian View Post
    Can you tell me more about this ridgeline storage thing...hah
    https://hennessyhammock.com/products...ne-mesh-pocket

Images
    Yeah I saw that he offered a 1.3 oz black ripstop, which I had never see before nor could I find much info about it. But seems like you like yours
    Same, I know nothing about the source of that fabric - only that I find it comfortable. It's a square ripstop, not diamond, hexagon, etc.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    I plan to pair this with a Dutch summer sock or bugnet.

One of the only reasons Ive stuck with a netted hammock so far (besides insect protection) is that I like how the netting keeps everything inside the hammock. Ive used netless hammocks over night before and I felt like my TQ was always falling out
    I've got a custom Streamliner that I was going to put up for sale if you're interested? Been in the process of gathering a lot of my stuff to sell. Mine is a double layer, 11' length with a custom pocket and can/bottle holder. PM me if interested.

I've always found it very comfy and never had any issue with stuff falling out, but then mine is about 3-4" wider than they typical one. When I originally received my order, I immediately found it a little narrow for my liking and Jared was good enough to accommodate me with a new one. He's truly a pleasure to work with. Since that time, he's expanded his offerings on the website so that there are more options like that. I would say you could go even wider because the cat cut is pretty significant and makes it easy to see out - that's probably the best thing about it. Otherwise I find it about as comfy as any regular gathered end hammock. Of course, all that is subjective and specific to the user.

I also use the Dutch summer sock. I had originally thought I'd use it as a combo UQP and net in colder conditions (as well as milder weather) but I find its not built with enough depth for a winter UQ. But, hey, it is a 'summer' sock. Just not great on an 11' hammock when your worried about getting the max loft out of your insulation.

My only issue with the Streamliner is the rigid cat cuts and sitting while trying to do something. The cat edge support is very similar to a bridge hammock, and lots of people like their bridge hammocks, so lots of people aren't going around sitting in their hammock, so the issue just isn't that big a deal. I do find it tiresome to try to sit and put on shoes, and I end up sitting right on the edge because that's where the support is. Its a bit of an art to get it right on your butt bones so its not cutting into your muscle, LOL. Sounds bad I'm sure, but again, not that bad, but a bit annoying over time. If you're only in and out of the hammock, it would truly be no big deal.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Darien Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    3/4 Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Dutch 1.5 Spider
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    I've got a custom Streamliner that I was going to put up for sale if you're interested? Been in the process of gathering a lot of my stuff to sell. Mine is a double layer, 11' length with a custom pocket and can/bottle holder. PM me if interested.

I've always found it very comfy and never had any issue with stuff falling out, but then mine is about 3-4" wider than they typical one. When I originally received my order, I immediately found it a little narrow for my liking and Jared was good enough to accommodate me with a new one. He's truly a pleasure to work with. Since that time, he's expanded his offerings on the website so that there are more options like that. I would say you could go even wider because the cat cut is pretty significant and makes it easy to see out - that's probably the best thing about it. Otherwise I find it about as comfy as any regular gathered end hammock. Of course, all that is subjective and specific to the user.

I also use the Dutch summer sock. I had originally thought I'd use it as a combo UQP and net in colder conditions (as well as milder weather) but I find its not built with enough depth for a winter UQ. But, hey, it is a 'summer' sock. Just not great on an 11' hammock when your worried about getting the max loft out of your insulation.

My only issue with the Streamliner is the rigid cat cuts and sitting while trying to do something. The cat edge support is very similar to a bridge hammock, and lots of people like their bridge hammocks, so lots of people aren't going around sitting in their hammock, so the issue just isn't that big a deal. I do find it tiresome to try to sit and put on shoes, and I end up sitting right on the edge because that's where the support is. Its a bit of an art to get it right on your butt bones so its not cutting into your muscle, LOL. Sounds bad I'm sure, but again, not that bad, but a bit annoying over time. If you're only in and out of the hammock, it would truly be no big deal.

Thanks for your feedback

I appreciate the offer, but Im looking for a 1.0 oz single layer 10 footer.

I was going to use Dutch's summer sock with a 20* UQ; do you think there is enough space to let it loft?

Hammock
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Thanks for your feedback

I appreciate the offer, but Im looking for a 1.0 oz single layer 10 footer.

I was going to use Dutch's summer sock with a 20* UQ; do you think there is enough space to let it loft?
    Yes, if you think of the space and the triangle that is three points being the two ends of the hammock and the bottom of the hammock, then the distance between the bottom point and the Ridgeline will be smaller with the shorter RL. So the Dutch sock will fit better. That’s presuming that the girth of the sock remains the same even if you get the 10’ option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dakotaross; 03-08-2019 at 08:43.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    SLD Lair
    Tarp
    Gnarwhal Hex 12x9
    Insulation
    SLD UQ & KAQ TQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckle
    For sitting I made the Ridgeline detachable using a TITANIUM RIDGELINE BINER from Dutch. Reduces the pressure on the thighs when sitting without having to adjust the suspension.
    I THOUGHT GETTING OLDER WOULD TAKE MUCH LONGER.

Hammock
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by millergear View Post
    For sitting I made the Ridgeline detachable using a TITANIUM RIDGELINE BINER from Dutch. Reduces the pressure on the thighs when sitting without having to adjust the suspension.
    Sure you're talking about the streamliner? What adjustment to the suspension? I've removed mine before and still had issue. Maybe it was lessened, I don't recall exactly. Will have to get out a play around with this.
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    I'm looking for a 1.0 oz single layer 10 footer.
    Not quite what you're after but I have a 10' 1.1 marpat that's not being used....

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast