Tarp
    ENO House fly
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge UnderQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    Images

need your help once more

need an underquilt for a double ENO - I am on a very tight budget - is this a good choice for a general all round non-winter under quilt? https://www.ebay.com/itm/263720143267 - thank you
    Swami

Hammock
    Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    never herd of it before
    but if you want to go synthetic id go arrowhead equipment
    if you want down for a few bucks more id go with hammock gear econ
    good luck

Tarp
    Outdoor Skye 10x10
    Insulation
    JC Penny Throws
    Suspension
    daisy chain straps
    I'm also on a tight budget and just trying to go hang in a modicum of comfort, so I think, as a tight-budget, summer UQ, it will be fine. if I hadn't already cobbled together my own 3.5 season UQ/TQ set from ultra cheap JC Penny throws i'd be tempted to pick this one up myself. and a few years from now, when we can afford better, this can always be layered to get another 20F of thermal protection. It's the difference between buying a Hyundai Accent and a Ford Mustang, they'll both get you to where you want to go, but one does it in style with more features and comfort. but then I don't drive a Mustang to work either.

Hammock
    Hex 2.4 gathered
    Tarp
    Xenon wide asym
    personally, ive used this for years. I find this an awesome summer quilt cause u drop the sides and raise them back up from inside the hammock. Drop the sides when its hot, raise them back up in the middle of the night when it gets cooler. I've been to low to mid 40's and kept me warm....

Snugpak Under Blanket:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0167IYGH6...4&ref=aa_pcomp

Still use mine Car Camping when its hot.

Caution: it is heavy and bulky for hiking.
    Last edited by Hefty Hanger; 03-05-2019 at 13:48.
    My worst night in a hammock was still better than my best night in a tent!!!!

Images
    My very first hammock under-insulation was the One Tigris. I bought it from Amazon, tried it one night, and ended up returning it. I found it to be a little difficult to attach the suspension to the hammock in a way that didn't restrict a comfortable diagonal lay. I don't recall it having the pronounced notches near the ends, which makes me wonder if they haven't changed the design a little, possibly to address the issue I described.

My second try at under-insulation was the Snugpak Underblanket that was suggested above. That one works better, in my opinion. I slightly modified the routing of the two primary suspension shock cords, but found it to work a lot more comfortably than the One Tigris. Referring to the attached image, I removed the short shock cord lines entirely and routed the 2 long primary suspension lines at each end through the loops where the shorter lines were originally attached. If you plan on taking it backpacking, the Snugpak Underblanket is both very heavy (for a hammock quilt) and very bulky.

5fb8339e-f3a7-42a7-8879-f17eaea3cab1.jpg

That said, at this price point, my suggestions today would be what I consider 2 better options, IMO - the Hammock Gear Economy Phoenix (duck down), or the Arrowhead Equipment Jarbidge (Climashield APEX, synthetic).

https://www.hammockgear.com/economy-phoenix/
    https://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/...nderquilt.html

Both are partial length... the Phoenix is a 3/4 and the Jarbidge is what you might call a 7/8. But these are both great choices for non-winter insulation.
    Last edited by cmc4free; 03-05-2019 at 13:44.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

need your help once more

hammock gear econ line of quilts is hard to beat for the price. the quality and reliability will be better than anything you can get off amazon. I think you can get a 40 degree Phoenix for under $100

Hammock
    DreamHammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    UGQ Down
    Suspension
    Treeee straps!
    For a rather simple project quilt check out this thread:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...wn-Convertible

Hammock
    11' SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10x12
    Insulation
    LocoLibre DWR Down
    Suspension
    Cin-Bkle Dyn-Str
    My buddy is rather tall and stout. He brought one of these on our last camping trip and said that he liked it. He does not lay diagonal though. Temps were in the 50's.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swami View Post
    need an underquilt for a double ENO - I am on a very tight budget - is this a good choice for a general all round non-winter under quilt? https://www.ebay.com/itm/263720143267 - thank you
    74 bucks sure seems steep for so little. You can beat that ebay sale that is no deal.

Hammock
    diy gath'd end w/ KM, diy PH whip't
    Tarp
    12' henessy
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, TQ and UQP
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie - msh
    I just saw this post. Hopefully you've found something by now. But if not.....I know you mentioned UQ in your OP but you also mentioned being on a tight budget. Why not purchase a blue pad from WalMart?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
    Sailing, ham radio (qrp), linux, diy hammock stuff...
    www.qsl.net/wa4chq/godspeed.html
    www.qsl.net/wa4chq/radio.html

• + New Posts