Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    Straps and Beetle

3 SLD hammocks

15537794652842126520516.jpg

Top Voyageur 1.6 coyote hexon 2 peak shelves and underquilt hooks.14.1 ounces

Middle Tree Runner 2 layer 1.6 coyote hexon wide with adjustable ridge line, peak shelves, knotty mods both sides, tie outs and uq hooks. 29.3 ounces

Bottom Trail Lair 1.6 coyote hexon wide no peak shelves with tie outs, uq hooks and wind screen. 26.2 ounces

Not the correct hang angles but a side by side view of a few different models. I placed a water bottle in each of them for the picture.
    Last edited by Seadug; 03-28-2019 at 09:04.

Hammock
    Chameleon with Spreader Bar Bugnet
    Tarp
    SLD Custom Wide
    Insulation
    Zip-on UQ
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Been wanting to ask the forum about the Voyageur. Namely, the hoods. Since you have one, I値l start here. What is your impression of the hoods? Do they serve some of the function that a knotty mod does? Do they indeed lessen calf ridge? Do they cause any new problems? The way they improve peak shelves seems legit, but I知 skeptical about the rest and curious what you guys think of them.

I love my "Voyageur" but I guess I'm a bit biased since I was involved in the development of it. For me, the lay in the Voyageur and Trail Lair are pretty much the same. No issues with calf ridge in either and the hood helps maintain the lay characteristics that you'd have with a Trail Lair. The "beak" storage is super handy and came out of a need for keeping things accessible for winter camping trips.

Here's my original review: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...Storage-review

You can't go wrong with gear from Jared at SLD! Seadog: great image of the three!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    Straps and Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyRandy View Post
    Been wanting to ask the forum about the Voyageur. Namely, the hoods. Since you have one, I値l start here. What is your impression of the hoods? Do they serve some of the function that a knotty mod does? Do they indeed lessen calf ridge? Do they cause any new problems? The way they improve peak shelves seems legit, but I知 skeptical about the rest and curious what you guys think of them.
    I need to spend more time in the Voyageur before I reach any solid conclusions. So far calf ridge does not seem to be an issue but I do miss the extra width of the other 2. I move around a fair bit when I sleep and the fabric doesn't come up too high by my head and feet which is good for the view but not great for keeping things in. I will be trying it for my first full night this evening.

Hammock
    SLD 11'
    Tarp
    11' HG w/ doors
    Insulation
    DIY or HG
    Suspension
    Webbing/Beckett
    Also curious about the hoods. Never fully understood how they work or what the achieve.

Hammock
    Tarp
    SLD Custom Wide
    Insulation
    Zip-on UQ
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    I love my "Voyageur" but I guess I'm a bit biased since I was involved in the development of it. For me, the lay in the Voyageur and Trail Lair are pretty much the same. No issues with calf ridge in either and the hood helps maintain the lay characteristics that you'd have with a Trail Lair. The "beak" storage is super handy and came out of a need for keeping things accessible for winter camping trips.

Here's my original review: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...Storage-review

You can't go wrong with gear from Jared at SLD! Seadog: great image of the three!
    I知 a big fan of full length knotty mods. But I知 wondering if these could harmonize and enhance knotty mods or potentially even replace them.

Hammock
    Tarp
    SLD Custom Wide
    Insulation
    Zip-on UQ
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Are the peak shelves sewn in like DreamHammock does? Or clip in like Dutch does?

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    Straps and Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyRandy View Post
    Are the peak shelves sewn in like DreamHammock does? Or clip in like Dutch does?
    The peak shelves are sew in. They are one of my favorite features. I put my pillow hat and assorted things in there and it's all within easy reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Seadug View Post
    The peak shelves are sew in. They are one of my favorite features. I put my pillow hat and assorted things in there and it's all within easy reach.
    To add to that: the adjustable end is attached to the ridgeline and the toggle makes it easy to adjust. I've got them on each end, so I'll toss my clothes in for the next day, hat or extra gloves, personal safety devices (whistle, etc) and water bottle.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by michigandave; 03-28-2019 at 17:36.

• + New Posts