DH Sparrow/WB RR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Msc
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Beetles

Fine tuning wooki to eliminate cbs

So I got out for my first trip a couple weeks back with my new Xlc wooki combo and loved it. This is my second XLC. I sold my first when I decided to give the Ridge Runner a try. I have quite a bit of experience with gathered end hammocks of different makes and models as well as under quilts.

Wondering if I could solicit some advice on set up to fine-tune out a little bit of the CBS I experienced both mornings. Temps were in the upper 20s. 20 degree wooki. I’m wondering if perhaps my hang angle was too steep in the Hammock body wasn’t taught enough to properly tension in the rubber band? Is that even a thing? I did spend some more time the second night out migrating down but still had some CBS. No wind night 2 either.BC392131-F0BA-4793-8A04-F149592B9525.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gravitythief76 View Post
    So I got out for my first trip a couple weeks back with my new Xlc wooki combo and loved it. This is my second XLC. I sold my first when I decided to give the Ridge Runner a try. I have quite a bit of experience with gathered end hammocks of different makes and models as well as under quilts.

Wondering if I could solicit some advice on set up to fine-tune out a little bit of the CBS I experienced both mornings. Temps were in the upper 20s. 20 degree wooki. I’m wondering if perhaps my hang angle was too steep in the Hammock body wasn’t taught enough to properly tension in the rubber band? Is that even a thing? I did spend some more time the second night out migrating down but still had some CBS. No wind night 2 either.BC392131-F0BA-4793-8A04-F149592B9525.jpg
    Definitely interesting. I just used my 20 wookie at 20 degrees with high winds and it was very warm. Has to be with the seal you're getting. Hmm. Maybe throw a prussik on the foot end continuous loop so you can adjust the tension on a down n dirty hang where your angles might have to compromise with your site availability.

If I'm moving my quilt suspension I usually press down in the middle of the hammock and see how far the rubberband is stretching. If its stretching about an inch, inch and a half itll be perfect when I lay in it.

Also, thinking about it, that warbonnet calf ridge issue could cause it too. Hang angle being too steep could accentuate it to the point you got some cbs. I think you're right about the hang angle and easing it up some should help...

Edit: looking at the pic, it's definitely the hang angle. Way too steep. I'd tighten up the suspension and ease the angle down.

2 things off top of my head:

1- migrate the down towards the cold spot, I generally force some of the down where my legs are towards my butt.
    2- Wookie tension. When your lying in the hammock it should be possible to slide the wookie a little at your shoulders left to right but you want a good amount of resistance. You want the rubber band stretching when your in the hammock (easier to see if you have someone else with you). If the wookie slides left to right under you easily you’ll need to tighten up the rubber bad (add a twist).

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I had a cold back with a Wooki a couple of times, and the problem always turned out to be migrated down. Shaking the down back into the torso area solved it for me.

• + New Posts