Regarding width; going from an XLC to a Dream Darien

Howdy folks!

So I have a beat up XLC; I love the thing. Carried it the entire AT and it’s seen shorter trips to Shenandoah and Dolly Sods since.

I’m looking to shave a few ounces for another thru - the PCT - and I’m curious to try a Dream hammock.

My warbonnet is 63 inches wide.

I’m wondering if I should order regular fabric specced “wide as possible” or go with an XL fabric and choosing 63 again arbitrarily?

I’ve reached out to dream twice and haven’t got any responses, which seems weird after what I’ve heard about them.

But, being fair, the first time was a shameless attempt at getting discounted gear.

So I turn to you fine folks! What do you think? I don’t think a few inches narrower would bother me but I’d also be losing the Blackbird’s foot box.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I love my Blackbirds and I have two Hammeck Hammocks that I also find very comfortable...both are 64" wide.

Get a ridgeline organizer to replace the shelf. I DIY mine and I make them on the big side so they can also hold my Kindle Fire in the middle along with mesh pockets on the outside for my car keys, wallet, headlamp ect.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    I love my Blackbirds and I have two Hammeck Hammocks that I also find very comfortable...both are 64" wide.

Get a ridgeline organizer to replace the shelf. I DIY mine and I make them on the big side so they can also hold my Kindle Fire in the middle along with mesh pockets on the outside for my car keys, wallet, headlamp ect.
    Yeah I’m def going to get a peak bag or organizer....not having the shelf will be an adjustment

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd View Post
    I’ve reached out to dream twice and haven’t got any responses, which seems weird after what I’ve heard about them.

your email may have gotten lost, they have always responded to all my many emails. PM papasmurf on here if you don't get a response, they always respond the same day or the day after when I've emailed them.

if you are used to 63" and find it comfortable I think I would go with the XL and order it to be made a 63" also
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd View Post
    But, being fair, the first time was a shameless attempt at getting discounted gear.
    Hi Shrewd,
    Sorry if we've missed speaking with you. You can definitely reach me via email at [email protected] and I'll do my best to get back with you.

I responded today to a 10:10am Facebook message about this same subject. Was that you?

We also got your email back in late November about getting discounted gear. We get LOTS of those and I'm afraid most go unanswered.

We try to monitor as many different sources as we can throughout the day and still get our hammocks built. Between PM's on hammockforums, facebook, email, our website chat, it can get pretty difficult to catch every message that comes in.

IMG_9401..07db414c-b37c-47f0-91ca-a2bcf117e8f8.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    Hi Shrewd,
    Sorry if we've missed speaking with you. You can definitely reach me via email at [email protected] and I'll do my best to get back with you.

I responded today to a 10:10am Facebook message about this same subject. Was

IMG_9401..07db414c-b37c-47f0-91ca-a2bcf117e8f8.jpg
    No worries man. That was definitely me and you answered all of my questions.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Regarding width; going from an XLC to a Dream Darien

Personally, I've appreciated my wider width hammocks over the standard 58 inch width. I like an 11 footer at about 62 inches wide.

• + New Posts