Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Any hanging groups in St. Paul/Minneapolis area?

Hi all! I started hanging a couple of years ago and I love it! I started with a Yukon Outfitters hammock with attached bug net and daisy chain straps but now I'm working on lightening my gear and am learning all I can about suspensions etc. with internet research. I find all the terminalogy a bit overwhelming so I'd like to find a local group of hangers to learn from and see other set-ups live/ hands on. Any hanging groups in the St. Paul Minneapolis area? Thanks.

Hammock
    10' SFOC
    South Minneapolis here. We could all meet up at a brewery.
    Chris Siebenaler
    Sloth and Fox Outdoor Company
    Amazon
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Website

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    The closest hang that I know of right now is 3 hours away from the Twin Cities at Wildcat Mountain State Park in Wisconsin over Memorial Day weekend.

Here's the thread on it: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...y-Weekend-2019
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SlothandFox View Post
    South Minneapolis here. We could all meet up at a brewery.
    Brew-Hang!....though I would prefer a Bakery-Hang.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    A bakery hang! Croissants from the hammy...I like that idea.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair 1.2 Robic
    Tarp
    Chill Gorilla 12ft
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20 TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'll make the drive from Fargo to show off gear and drink in a hammock, any weekend!

Hammock
    10' SFOC
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Brew-Hang!....though I would prefer a Bakery-Hang.
    Shug
    Have you been to Rise Bagel Co. yet? We could meet there for "knots and lox" on a saturday morning. If there's a big group, we could find a spot with more space.

@nancyhashope, Are you hoping for specific items, like a live prusik hitch demonstration or just an open "I don't know what I don't know" request?
    Chris Siebenaler
    Amazon
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by SlothandFox View Post
    Have you been to Rise Bagel Co. yet? We could meet there for "knots and lox" on a saturday morning. If there's a big group, we could find a spot with more space.

@nancyhashope, Are you hoping for specific items, like a live prusik hitch demonstration or just an open "I don't know what I don't know" request?
    More of "I don't know what I don't know" sort of thing. Although prusiks are included! I have only learned from articles and videos so far. I would love a day/morning/afternoon with some experienced hammockers that could show me some things they've learned - what works well, a few basic helpful knots, how to hang a hammock with a detatched bug net and tips to hang/adjust my tarp in less than an hour (lol).

Show off your gear and skills! Please!

I live east of St. Paul but would be happy to head over to the west/south/north of Mpls. Would it work to do this sort of thing at a park? I'm happy to help organize it, (since I'm the one asking for help). Just let me know what sort of perameters I need to look for and I will pursue it and throw out a few dates.

Hammock
    10' SFOC
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyhashope View Post
    More of "I don't know what I don't know" sort of thing. Although prusiks are included! I have only learned from articles and videos so far. I would love a day/morning/afternoon with some experienced hammockers that could show me some things they've learned - what works well, a few basic helpful knots, how to hang a hammock with a detatched bug net and tips to hang/adjust my tarp in less than an hour (lol).

Show off your gear and skills! Please!

I live east of St. Paul but would be happy to head over to the west/south/north of Mpls. Would it work to do this sort of thing at a park? I'm happy to help organize it, (since I'm the one asking for help). Just let me know what sort of perameters I need to look for and I will pursue it and throw out a few dates.
    In my opinion, if it's nice enough for it to be in a park, people are going to be camping already. Something that people aren't doing yet is meeting somewhere indoors during the winter to go over gear tips and tricks. Personally, I would be open to a spring group hang at a park, lake, or campground.
    Chris Siebenaler
    Amazon
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Website

Hammock
    Chameleon, Netless
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, WB ThFly
    Insulation
    UGQ , HG, WB
    Suspension
    Dutch, Turtle Ties
    I live 1.5hrs west.... but would be interested in a group hang sometime.... pretty much a solo-hanger unless on a BWCA trip w/ mostly ground dwellers (which is good... it's sometimes best to have only 2 hangers in a BWCA spot.... not as much competition for the best trees (and sometimes not enough hanging spots !!! )

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast