Hello, everybody! I've currently decided I want to get into hammocking because I am sick and tired of being sore in the morning when I'm out camping! I recently was able to try someones set up and thought it to be very comfortable! I have cash to spend and want a product that will last me years and can handle the elements if there are elements in store for me!

I was going to ask the forums if anyone has experience with the Mark2. I've spent maybe 30 hours reading from here to there about tents, and it seems the two models I'm looking at are the two I've mentioned in the title. I'll be going on a bicycle trip across the US this summer and want something that can (if need be) go to the ground but also be capable of sustaining camping in the winter. So I have a few questions about specific models!

Owners of the Mark2, is the bottom of the tent comfortable? I can imagine that since it can handle being on the ground, the bottom could potentially be rough to lay on. What are your thoughts on that? Also, on Clarks website, they say "winterizable" - is this true? Is this exactly as it sounds?

Owners of the NX270, have you ever needed to go on the ground? Would you be comfortable doing so if you had a footprint?

Once again, thank you and I appreciate any responses. This world of hammocking turned out to be MUCH larger than I thought it would be. I thought I would be buying a hammock 3 weeks ago but there is just so much information out there. I hope everyone has a nice rest of your weekend!

your ASDFriend