Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    As I said, I will give it more tries, but I already tried tucking. I am not a little guy, maybe it's more of a size thing or maybe I am a extra violent flip flopper. Maybe it's my tq. All I know is all the tucking, I did only lasted until my next flop. It wasnt less then 30-35, and in a hammock with the same tq and a 20 3/4 UQ, I would be venting.

I can see that the general opinion is no straps. Understood. In the instance i dont fit into the general opinion or it just doesnt work for me, does anyone have any examples of how to diy some straps. This would be an add on to my current tq. Not willing to undo stitches. I also dont want to put anything obtrusive that I would later feel, or while ground sleeping feel.

Photos of actual straps would be great, someone else diy, good or bad, would be good too.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    As I said, I will give it more tries, but I already tried tucking. I am not a little guy, maybe it's more of a size thing or maybe I am a extra violent flip flopper. Maybe it's my tq. All I know is all the tucking, I did only lasted until my next flop. It wasnt less then 30-35, and in a hammock with the same tq and a 20 3/4 UQ, I would be venting.

I can see that the general opinion is no straps. Understood. In the instance i dont fit into the general opinion or it just doesnt work for me, does anyone have any examples of how to diy some straps. This would be an add on to my current tq. Not willing to undo stitches. I also dont want to put anything obtrusive that I would later feel, or while ground sleeping feel.

Photos of actual straps would be great, someone else diy, good or bad, would be good too.
    These......

Or just get or borrow a sleeping bag.
    Shug

Last edited by Shug; 02-18-2019 at 14:34.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Duct Tape maybe?

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    You have obviously already stated that you flip and flop and reverse and flop then flip then turn and do a half lindie then end in a bellyflop after a flippity flop. This means that tucking doesn't work. Moving forward...

... I feel most items on the ground under my pad. That said, I don't think I would use bungy or shock cord. Straps are flat so I would use that.

To keep it simple and removable, just use the tarp clips to hold the straps in place. You can buy them at Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, etc.

It doesn't have to be load bearing so you can get away with using grosgrain as your straps and they have the added benefit of being super thin. Also can be purchased at Walmart or any fabric store.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    I have no DIY experience on this but maybe something like this...

https://enlightenedequipment.com/elastic-pad-straps/

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Thanks for the input and videos. I purchased clips, plastic and metal, from Walmart a while ago. They are the type of clips you can buy to hold a bed sheet in place or clip suspenders on. I didnt like this option because I felt I would feel the clips or they could damage the pad or quilt. Shug, I like the first video I saw. That gives me ideas on attaching to the pad and if i attach from the pad to the edge of the tq, thus spreading the quilt out and down as apposed to under and in. Maybe more like big agnes sleep system instead of a mummy bag.

I will take a look at my pad and see if this works.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    I had bought sheet clips. Plastic clips with an elastic band in the middle. They are used to put on the corner of your sheets to try and keep the sheets from falling off. One strap placed in the right spot keeps the pad where it needs to be. I am now ready for a miserable 10 days on the ground.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow #2779
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ-HG/KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Kevlar/Ti CinchBkl
    Images
    I carry 2 medium-sized binder clips as part of my standard emergency kit. Thousands of uses. I side sleep mostly on my left side. So I simply clip one edge of the quilt that will mostly be my back side to the edge of my sleeping pad and that's that. Keeps drafts off my back and I manage the other side for ventilation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoe makers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but up in the Mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men.
    - Daniel Webster

Hammock
    WB RR, DIY Bridge (Dutch Kit)
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, DIY BQ
    Suspension
    Whoopsie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    As I said, I will give it more tries, but I already tried tucking. I am not a little guy, maybe it's more of a size thing or maybe I am a extra violent flip flopper.
    Just out of curiosity, when you are sleeping on your side, how much extra quilt fabric do you have. If you only have an inch or two on each side, the problem might not be attaching the TQ to the pad but that you have an too small TQ.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scrope View Post
    Just out of curiosity, when you are sleeping on your side, how much extra quilt fabric do you have. If you only have an inch or two on each side, the problem might not be attaching the TQ to the pad but that you have an too small TQ.
    The tq doesnt attach to the pad. The clips are like suspenders. 2 clips with elastic in the middle. One clip on each side of the tq about half the way up, and then the elastic spans between. Then the pad slides down between and it spreads the sides of the tq out and around the pad, but also then pulls it snug to the side of the pad. Then I can flip flop on the pad and it keeps the tq in one place.

Now I need to glue the pillow on the pad.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12