HH Expedition
    Tarp
    Eno profly
    Insulation
    HG Inc+ Burrow 0°
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling

I did it...

I felt like sharing my journey so far....
    I just ordered a WBbb xlc to replace my HH expedition zip. I did this bc the mosquito net on the HH was making me feel Claustrophobic and I just felt restricted in my movement. I am very new to hammock camping and have very little experience, but I tend to go all in with new hobbies.

I am 5'8" and 190lb so I'm sure the xlc is overkill, but at almost a pound lighter then my HH, I figured the extra space would be great. I have a whoopie sling on my HH and love it, but decided to try the web buckle cinch on the WB. I also got 2 soft shackles from whoopiesling.com to eliminate the carabiners on the tree strap side.

Next week I will be looking into the superfly, as everyone seems to love it, and it weights less then my eno profly (which I totally love bc of the adjustability) but it's too small.

I will also look at the continuous ridgeline by dutchware for my superfly. This seems to be the best/ easiest way to adjust the fly and get it centered. Bc I am new, i will have a lot to learn and i feel having the fly super adjustable, will help me minimize my mistakes.

Does anyone recommend adding anything to my set up? I have also acquired HG burrow and incubator. I will be sewing on tabs to the WBBB to help aid my underquilt and align better with my lay. It is very hard to keep the HG incubator in line in my HH so I found an awesome video about how to sew and add hammock hooks to the WBBB.

Any other thoughts or recommendations?
    Thanks !!!
    When was the last time you saw a llama and said "I knew I forgot my water skis!"?

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Congrats on your acquisitions. It looks like you have a good start to get out and start testing. The "other stuff" will become obvious as you hang and test.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    I got some small clips on Amazon to attach my underquilt to my hammock. The main reason was for my DIY hammock. I tried them out at Hangcon and didn't have to adjust my Underquilt at all. One at the shoulder and one at the feet.

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jseelig642 View Post

Does anyone recommend adding anything to my set up?
    There's ALWAYS something you can add to your setup. That, after all, is the basis of Dutch's business plan. LOL!

More seriously, TrailSlug has good advice which I'll repeat and expand on: get out and use what you've got. Any omissions/additions will become obvious, but what you have sounds like very good gear that should last you years. You've got a very good hammock, loved by many. You've got top and bottom insulation covered. You're looking at a tarp that's also a fan favorite.

I'm a fan of the continuous ridgeline. It does make centering a tarp easy and fairly quick. I'm not totally sold on the little zingit soft shackles on my CRL. They're difficult to use with cold fingers. More often I just jam them through the D-ring on the tarp and use a stick as a toggle to hold them in place, but that's a personal preference. Used as a soft shackle they will work just fine, but there are other solutions to the same problem. A simple zingit loop and a caribiner work just as well.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

I did it...

I've hiked and researched enough to find out additions and omissions as time went on. you will too as long as you get out there and see for yourself. I think you've chosen some nice gear, so you should be good to go. one thing I could recommend is a nice down pillow. I love my hammock gear down pillow. it's the perfect size for hammock use.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG DCF
    Insulation
    HG UQ / WL TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Sounds like you have the basics covered. That's some really great gear on the way, all that's left is to get out and enjoy it!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG CF w/ doors
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge River
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Be sure to set up your CRL and stuff a bunch of times. I had issues with the lines slipping with the prusik knots, but that was remedied by adding an extra loop to the knot and using it a bunch, which worked off some of the waxy coating on the line. I may be a bit slow, but by setting it up a bunch at home, I figured out exactly what works for me. Good luck!! And congrats on all of your great choices

• + New Posts