HH Expedition
    Tarp
    Eno profly
    Insulation
    HG Inc+ Burrow 0°
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling

Best ridgeline for rainfly?

I love the idea and adjustability of the con. Ridgeline from dutchware. The prusiks seem to allow for easy adjustability to get the rain fly centered properly. I am very new and I feel this would make it more simple for me. I am possibly looking at the super fly as everyone recommends it for the warbonnet blackbird xcl.

Will this continuous ridge line be the most efficient, and easiest as far as adjustability goes for a rain fly that does not come with guy lines?

I am about to purchase a wbbb xcl and most tarps dont come with guy lines. I love my eno profly for the ease of adjustability, but it's too small ):
    Thoughts on an awesome adjustable/ simple ridgeline for rainfly?

I am very new and this is my first post, so be easy on me !
    When was the last time you saw a llama and said "I knew I forgot my water skis!"?

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I use the Dutch continuous ridge line with the Prusiks on all of my tarps and really like them. It's easy to hang and adjust so what more could you ask for.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner, Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Hammock gear DCF
    Insulation
    HG, OWL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I have this system on all three of my tarps. Cant imagine anything working better!

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    Eno profly
    Insulation
    HG Inc+ Burrow 0°
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymc View Post
    I have this system on all three of my tarps. Cant imagine anything working better!
    Do you leave everything attached, to make deployment even quicker?
    When was the last time you saw a llama and said "I knew I forgot my water skis!"?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Brandon from Warbonnet shows some good ways......
    Carry forth and enjoy the Superfly.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Ridgerunner, Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Hammock gear DCF
    Insulation
    HG, OWL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Absolutely. For teardown, I always back a prussik in a bit on a loose ridgeline to prevent them from locking too tight on the next deployment. If the ridgeline is stretched too tight through the prussicks during deployment, they can be hard to slide and adjust. After pulling the skins on, I just figure 8 the excess cordage and stuff in the bag in a somewhat organized manner. I've never had any tangle issues.

Hammock
    Dream Sparrow
    Tarp
    WBTF
    It is great system and it all works together very well. It is easy, fast, light and packs small. The Dutch hook at the first side, and the wasp on the second side is really brilliant. Zing it is great for a tarp ridgeline (super strong, light, stays taut), but it has one weakness--it doesn't hold knots so well. Dutch's doodads totally negate Zing it's one weakness.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB Universal Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Web-cinch buckles
    As Andymc alluded to, get some snake skins for your tarp. I finally got one (from Dutchware, mesh, one piece, but many vendors sell them). I don't even bother wrapping up the corner guy lines and have not had any issues with tangling. The snake skins make setup and take down so much easier and faster.

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    Eno profly
    Insulation
    HG Inc+ Burrow 0°
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmer003 View Post
    As Andymc alluded to, get some snake skins for your tarp. I finally got one (from Dutchware, mesh, one piece, but many vendors sell them). I don't even bother wrapping up the corner guy lines and have not had any issues with tangling. The snake skins make setup and take down so much easier and faster.

Thanks ! I already have 2 from HH and I love how easy set up and break down is with both my hammock and rainfly.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    First, one of God's laws. She hath proclaimed that if thou attach and snug up the guy lines before completely setting up your hammock, thou shalt have to undo them to move the tarp, just this | | much.

The systems using prussic require that you adjust one end, then the other. Another "continuous" line method connects the line to the ridge line end A with a mini-biner, goes around the tree, comes back to end A and goes through the biner again (provides vertical lift), goes down the ridge line to end B, through a mini-biner at that end, around the tree and back to end B where it is secured - like with a Figure-9. If you need to move the tarp, you just pull on the line. You do not have to move one end of the hammock, then the other.

There can be a little wear on the line and/or tree, but very little because it is only a small adjustment.

The downside is you cannot take advantage of the a snake skin's allowing setting the ridge line first, then exposing the tarp gradually to the wind. In the game of life, the score in setting up a tarp in high wind has been Wind 2, Cougarmeat 0. So this Spring/Summer I'll be playing with a different set up.

For ridge line cord - the cheap REI $5.00/hank of 50 ft utility cord has worked fine for years. If necessary, I can alway cut off a little extra for some other lashing purpose.

I have a bundle of Nite-eze cords for guy lines and though I am very happy with it's visibility at night (only when a light is shinning on it and you are viewing from the correct angle - a feature so it doesn't disturb others in camp) - the Nite-eze doesn't slide very well - the reflective stuff catches.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast