Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Images

Can I get a hook sewn on a new strap if I send back?

I've been trying to work with customer service, but they stopped answering me.

I had a strap get caught in a hook. No surprise, hook won. Not blaming the gear, that part's on me.

Anyway, I'm wondering if I send the hook back, can I get it sewn onto a new strap. I don't have a sewing machine I trust in terms of heavy duty sewing. I've asked the cost and if this is possible. First, I had to prove I actually bought from you. Okay, did that. Second, I was told what I was asking for wasn't something sewn on. I'm not a professional, but looks sewn on. I probably mentioned the buckle, too...yes, that part is not sewn. I didn't have everything in front of me while I was emailing.

Pics are of the two parts of the strap (I full separated after the rip, to make sure I wouldn't use again), and of the sewn on hook. I have sent these pics to customer service.

ripped_strap.jpg

sewn_hook.JPG

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sueb2b View Post
    I've been trying to work with customer service, but they stopped answering me.

I had a strap get caught in a hook. No surprise, hook won. Not blaming the gear, that part's on me.

Anyway, I'm wondering if I send the hook back, can I get it sewn onto a new strap. I don't have a sewing machine I trust in terms of heavy duty sewing. I've asked the cost and if this is possible. First, I had to prove I actually bought from you. Okay, did that. Second, I was told what I was asking for wasn't something sewn on. I'm not a professional, but looks sewn on. I probably mentioned the buckle, too...yes, that part is not sewn. I didn't have everything in front of me while I was emailing.

Pics are of the two parts of the strap (I full separated after the rip, to make sure I wouldn't use again), and of the sewn on hook. I have sent these pics to customer service.

ripped_strap.jpg

sewn_hook.JPG
    They stopped answering you???? Of course you can send it back. PM me here because you must be getting filtered out for some reason.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Images
    I know there's so much bling that all the terms can get confusing, but maybe the confusion was in that the item you're asking about is a Dutch clip. Dutch hooks are a different item, and they're not something that would get sewn on. So it seems to me an understandable misunderstanding on both sides. I'm sure it will get taken care of in the end. Dutch stands behind his products in a way we wish all companies would.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    I know there's so much bling that all the terms can get confusing, but maybe the confusion was in that the item you're asking about is a Dutch clip. Dutch hooks are a different item, and they're not something that would get sewn on. So it seems to me an understandable misunderstanding on both sides. I'm sure it will get taken care of in the end. Dutch stands behind his products in a way we wish all companies would.
    I don't claim to be an expert.

But interaction #1 was "we can't find your orders", to which I responded with copies of my invoices. Seems like since they went through the process of making me prove I'd actually bought from them, that they might have also reviewed what I'd bought -- since they then had the invoices and I'd guess know the products.

Images
    Fair enough, I understand your point.

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    I've asked a series or two of pretty asinine questions of the Dutch crew in the past few years and have never been ignored. There's probably an innocent explanation for what you experienced.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Images
    Thanks, Dutch! All taken care of.

• + New Posts