Tarp
    Winter Dream Vs. 2
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 Season
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/ Biner
    Images

Got my new set up ...

So after years of being away from Hammocks I got a Asym Safari and HG incubator short from folks here in the For Sale section.

Finally got a chance to set things up and take a look.

Wind was blowing good, the tarp seems a little short, which is typical of HH. Whoppies are still great, and the incubator seemed to snug up well.

I took a grand trunk and ran shock cord through the ends and used it as a wind shield and that seemed to work well. Don't know if ill have the room with or will need it but nice to know it worked.

hammock.jpghammock1.jpghammock2.jpg

Taking off in a week or so to do a 89 mile loop, but the weather will determine if it is that distance or a smaller 60 mile.

Either doing the North Georgia Loop, or the NGL plus the approach trail with a resupply at Mountain Crossings.
    “Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become bigger, fatter, shinier acorns; but that is of interest only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better: that we can become oak trees.”

E. F. Schumacher

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Is this the North Georgia Loop? Looks tough and fun.

Yeah, that tarp looks fairly short, and for any kind of 'weather' you'll want it pitched right down to the SRL.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    HH Hyperlight
    Tarp
    Winter Dream Vs. 2
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 Season
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/ Biner
    Images
    That is the one... it is actually 54.6 I believe.

I will be adding the approach trail, the 5 miles on the AT before the intersection, the 6 miles up and over blood to resupply at Mountain Crossings, and then of course the 5 miles and approach trail back down.. 88 ish mile loop form what I can tell.
    “Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become bigger, fatter, shinier acorns; but that is of interest only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better: that we can become oak trees.”

E. F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Pak-Man View Post
    Taking off in a week or so to do a 89 mile loop, but the weather will determine if it is that distance or a smaller 60 mile.

Either doing the North Georgia Loop, or the NGL plus the approach trail with a resupply at Mountain Crossings.
    Any photos, trip report, video or GPS data would be of great interest to me and I'm sure to others. I hope you'll post in the trip reports section when you're done. This loop is on my short list of things to do RSN (real soon now). Have fun on your hike.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Nice setup! Have fun on your trip!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    Nice rig. . I like my HH. I did some ridgeline adjustments and got it really layin flat. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts