Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Hammock pillow

Hammock
    Blackbird xlc 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    E. E.
    Just received my pillow from SLD, and love it. I have used it 3 nights in a row. Very pleased

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by derekw View Post
    Just received my pillow from SLD, and love it. I have used it 3 nights in a row. Very pleased
    I recently bought a second one as a backup. It's funny how the new one is about 1" shorter length and width but 2" thicker. The old one sure got smashed down from use, but not in a bad way. Still 100% functional, and maybe even a little more comfortable that way.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk UL
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    Hummingbird
    I use an Arrowhead Equipment Cub pillow. It's a tiny little thing that just goes under your neck and has a cord and hook to clip it to your ridgeline. I like it so much I use this pillow form factor full time now. Used to have a compressible Thermarest pillow, but I find that larger pillows put my head at a funky and uncomfortable angle. All I really need is neck support.

The only thing I don't like about it is that the material squeaks against my hammock. I may make a pillowcase or a clone of a different material.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by rhotic View Post
    I use an Arrowhead Equipment Cub pillow. It's a tiny little thing that just goes under your neck and has a cord and hook to clip it to your ridgeline. I like it so much I use this pillow form factor full time now. Used to have a compressible Thermarest pillow, but I find that larger pillows put my head at a funky and uncomfortable angle. All I really need is neck support.

The only thing I don't like about it is that the material squeaks against my hammock. I may make a pillowcase or a clone of a different material.
    Yes! to all of the above including the squeak.
    Last edited by LowTech; 04-19-2021 at 20:07.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    I recently bought a second one as a backup. It's funny how the new one is about 1" shorter length and width but 2" thicker. The old one sure got smashed down from use, but not in a bad way. Still 100% functional, and maybe even a little more comfortable that way.
    Just got mine...it's OneClick's fault

Still like my Nemo but this works and is much lighter.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Ditto. I have two down pillows that both squeaked when under my head so I use them under my knees or behind my back to create new angles whether lounging or sleeping. I use a small folded fleece blanket under my head instead.
    The game is the best teacher.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Used to have a compressible Thermarest pillow, but I find that larger pillows put my head at a funky and uncomfortable angle. All I really need is neck support.
    I agree, so I made a smaller version with an appropriately-sized stuff sack filled with cubic- inch- size pieces of OC foam I cut from packing material.

I just added foam until I felt the support was right and now it offers perfect neck and side support with enough foam under my head to provide insulation when I use a shorter underquilt.

It weighs around 1.6 oz or so and compresses to a size that would fit inside a toilet- paper tube. I keep it compressed when packing by wrapping it with the draw cord (which also attaches it to the ridge line) and tucking the end under.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    Eno
    I like very much to use HG pillows. Those are quite small, cute and comfortable. So, i think it can be a nice solution for you.

I use a Therm-a-Rest pillow compressible that has the bits of foam as the filling. I find the inflatable pillows either too bouncy (if inflated near full) or they tend to want to squirt out from under the head/neck if inflated less than full. I also use a child-sized pillow case with my Therm-a-Rest pillow, that I can stuff with extra items to give me the loft I need when using it on the ground. I'd sure like to find an inflatable pillow shape that works in a gathered end, as they are so much smaller, lighter, and are very convenient.

I used to buy synthetic pillows. They were soft and comfortable until my neck started hurting in the morning. I stopped getting enough sleep and decided to upgrade my mattress and pillows. found a quality manufacturer. The pillows are made for those who sleep on their side. That is, my neck and spine no longer suffer as the pillow supports and neck, and allows me to comfortably lie on my side so as not to distort the cervical vertebrae. I really enjoy waking up and nothing hurts with side sleeper pillows. I used to sleep on my side and my shoulder was always crunching. The mattress was narrow, the pillow was not comfortable, it was as if it enveloped me and smothered me. I was constantly sweating and waking up.
    Last edited by ariegley; 08-03-2021 at 16:23.

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast