Hammock
    DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    The SLD pillow is just about perfect for a hammock. Light, squishy, and highly recommended.

https://simplylightdesigns.com/colle...shield-pillows

Hammock
    ridgerunner
    Tarp
    superfly
    Suspension
    buckles
    My new Tensa4 hammock stand has earned a spot on my balcony. My down pillow will see lots of use this year. It's heavier than common ripstop, but the fleece side is great for colder nights.

https://m.llbean.com/llb/shop/78115?productId=1289742

Hammock
    REI Quarter Dome Air
    Tarp
    In the market...
    Insulation
    Air Pad + Mummy
    Suspension
    Becket to straps
    Quote Originally Posted by reznix View Post
    I started with the S2S but have since migrated to the Nemo Fillo Elite Ultralight. https://www.rei.com/product/129637/n...o-elite-pillow. It feels less crunchy than the Aeros to me.
    I had narrowed my research to the Sea to Summit vs. the Nemo Fillo. Then I found my dad had a S2S he wasn’t using and “borrowed” it. I’ve used it 12 or so times and haven’t felt the need to search for anything else.

I like how the curved shape of the S2S fills in space around my neck. I do still wonder about the Fillo though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    BB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie and LL TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by 509-T203-KG View Post
    I had narrowed my research to the Sea to Summit vs. the Nemo Fillo. Then I found my dad had a S2S he wasn’t using and “borrowed” it. I’ve used it 12 or so times and haven’t felt the need to search for anything else.

I like how the curved shape of the S2S fills in space around my neck. I do still wonder about the Fillo though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do lose the curved shape since the Fillo's are rectangular but I like how it has a softer feel to it than the S2S. It's also thinner which is nice if you under inflate and don't want a lot of fabric flopping around. The valve sticks out to the side which can be a little annoying at times. If you like the Aeros, I'd say it's not a huge difference worth spending the money on something else. I blame Gear Acquisition Syndrome for my growing collection of hammock stuff. That or curiosity. Yeah, it must be curiosity.

Hammock
    Chameleon/Ridgerunner/Raven
    Tarp
    OMW/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Ghost P/Ridge Reap
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I started with Klimit Pillow X. Not bad, but slippery and noisy. Next, the AHE Cub pillow. It would be comfy, but too puffy. I now use that LL Bean one and it is my favorite. I work there, but wasn't even planning on buying until I wasn't thrilled with the others. I find that I need some support, but not a lot. Actually my favorite might be the My Pillow travel one. However, it is too hot in the summer.

Hammock
    ridgerunner
    Tarp
    superfly
    Suspension
    buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by durunner View Post
    I started with Klimit Pillow X. Not bad, but slippery and noisy. Next, the AHE Cub pillow. It would be comfy, but too puffy. I now use that LL Bean one and it is my favorite. I work there, but wasn't even planning on buying until I wasn't thrilled with the others. I find that I need some support, but not a lot. Actually my favorite might be the My Pillow travel one. However, it is too hot in the summer.
    LOL. I also started with the X pillow. Works great on the Ridgerunner bridge hammock, but is terrible on the Blackbird XLC gathered end hammock. To which I now use the LLBean down travel pillow. I'll agree that hot summer central Texas temperatures are a challenge with this down pillow.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    I'll throw the Fillo back into the mix. Wonderful and super adjustable.

I started hanging full time to cheat the curve on "learning" to sleep well, in a hammock outside.

I made the decision soon afterwards to try and maintain a similar set up inside as close to the one I use on the trail. The Fillo helped me do that too. While I don't use TQs inside, I use UQ's and basically the same style GE Hammock, which allows me to take my bed anywhere I go...even my sleep pillow is the same.

I sleep well the first night in the woods now, and I never use to do that on the ground.
    Signature suspended

I don't like inflatable, so I'm thinking of getting this one. Sort of a stuffable down shell.

https://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co...w-p9932/s43870
    https://www.thermarest.com/down-pillow

Hammock
    Dutch Gear Hexon 1.7
    Tarp
    Chill Gorilla
    Insulation
    DIY EB Quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar
    I've been using my Kelty stuffable I used for ground camping for chilly weather. For warm weather, I found that I don't need a pillow, just lay my head onto my hammock.

I have one of those SLD pillows on the way

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast