Hammock
    Superior Hammock 15 degree
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mini Fly
    Insulation
    Superior 30 deg TQ
    Suspension
    Superior Gear UL
    I made my own pillow by cutting up a pillow I had into 4 and resewing it. Used it the first time last week and loved it! I might break down and get one of the Dutchware ones though. The weight and size seems good.
    Hiking my own hike and hanging my own hang. This is where my happy is!
    The Happy Hiker Blog

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    My pillow groove is always on the morph. Depends on season and how my old show-biz neck is fairing.
    Shig

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Quote Originally Posted by rhotic View Post
    I use an Arrowhead Equipment Cub pillow. It's a tiny little thing that just goes under your neck and has a cord and hook to clip it to your ridgeline. I like it so much I use this pillow form factor full time now. Used to have a compressible Thermarest pillow, but I find that larger pillows put my head at a funky and uncomfortable angle. All I really need is neck support.

The only thing I don't like about it is that the material squeaks against my hammock. I may make a pillowcase or a clone of a different material.
    I also have this one and like it a lot. The cord is just so handy -- I can't imagine using a pillow without one now. I do kind of wish it were a more packable down though. The synthetic is a little bulkier.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    SLD TW/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have one from Hammock Gear (~3.5 oz) that I take with me on most trips. Also an Apex one from SLD that I use when I donate platelets at the Red Cross. My (not-so) puffy (Outdoor Vitals Loftek) jacket packs into its own pocket to make a very firm pillow about the same size (but almost 4x the weight) of the HG pillow, so sometimes I tuck that under my legs.

Edit: replaced Dutchware with Hammock Gear
    Last edited by CVKealey; 11-18-2021 at 10:32. Reason: correction

Hammock
    WBBB XLC UL DL
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Wooki, UGQ
    Suspension
    Becket straps
    Images
    I have two inflatable pillows. Which I regret not getting sooner. Super light and just adjust the inflation to how you want your neck. I initially bought a thermarest pillow which is OK. But as I apparently watch too many YouTube videos on outdoor stuff Outdoor Vital offered a ‘free’ pillow. I think it was actually about $15 for shipping and handling.

But you know. I really like it. Still trying to figure out what I think of the company as a whole but the pillow is great. I understand they make all their stuff overseas. But so far I am reasonably impressed by their gear and their enthusiasm.

watch a bunch of YouTube gear reviews and through hikes and eventually it will show up (and of course Shug videos...).

Hammock
    Half-Zipped
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Irish View Post
    I think I want a small stuffable pillow for my hammock. I mostly do hike in sites and prim camping but not thru hikes or super treks. Any opinions on which you like and why?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Have used a blow up pillow on all my thru hikes. I like the ability to adjust it over a stuff-able pillow which always just seems like a lump of clothes. I also dont normally carry "extra" clothes needed for it.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Trail Winder, ORM
    Suspension
    MyersTech+whoopie
    I have a pillow similar to this one below. It's a travel neck pillow with a bunch of foam beads. Like a u-shaped neck pillow but just a long tube. I have it elongated, connected to the clip at the head end of my trail lair. It hangs down perfectly, in the right spot to put under my head/side and it's easy to find at night
    15529596421_1132280541.jpg

I made a synthetic pillow (about 8x10) that has been ok but a little firm, so I asked for a Sea to Summit Aeros ultralight pillow for Christmas. Good reviews and adjustable. We shall see.

I have a medium size pillow from Wise Owl Outfitters that works well in the hammock. Packs down fairly small also.

Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    Tarpless
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie's
    Images
    I tried replacing my inflatable pillow with a hammock gear pillow. The HG pillow was not large enough for me so I went back to my inflatable. I actually love my nature hike inflatable but with the cover its almost 7oz which is too much for backpacking. The next pillow I'll try will be a Zpacks UL inflatable.

I think inflatable is the way to go as you can vary the level of firmness. So far I am not a fan of down pillows but the search continues.

• + New Posts
  • Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast