Proper use of Whoopi sling

New to hanging. How do I use a Whoopie sling with my new ENO bug net? Where does it attach? I use a grand trunk webbing for my ENO Hammock.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Whoopie Slings are for hammock suspension, so they really have nothing to do with the bugnet. You'll have to decide if you want to use Grand Trunk webbing as your hammock suspension, or whoopie slings.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

So Whoopie slings would be much lighter then the grand trunk webbing. I weigh about 185 lbs. so it would support me. Do you have a loop on each end? Does the loop go around the tree and tie into dutchware?

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    Whoopies have loops on both ends. One end Larks-Heads thru the channel at the end of the hammock (thru the fabric). The other end is towards the tree. BUT, you use some tree straps around the tree first. Then you can use all sorts of things to attach the Whoopie, to the tree strap. You can do a Marlin-Spike-Hitch (MS). Look that up and watch Shug's video on it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPDPEEcKlDQ

Or just spend about 10 hours and watch all of Shug's great video's on hammocks.
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Just watched the video, where Whoopie slings are different colors, used the marlin-spike hitch and toogle. Thank you. Understanding better now..like that you can adjust Ridgeline

Images
    Welcome!

Whoopie slings are very strong and will easily support your weight. There are many ways a whoopie slings can be attached to a hammock and many ways they can attach to tree straps. The straps are important for protecting the trees and promoting a responsible stewardship of the land, especially on public lands. As mentioned above, Shug has a thorough compendium of videos relating to whoopie slings and all the other suspension options. Those can help you decide what is the best way for you to attach the slings to your hammock and to the tree straps.

Note that a ridgeline either refers to the cordage used to suspend a tarp above your hammock, or a structural ridgeline (SRL) is a piece of cordage strung between the two ends of your hammock. It creates a consistent sag of the hammock for a comfortable lay, and will also keep bug netting or an over cover suspended above you so that it doesn't drape on your face. It's also a convenient place to hang an organizer pocket, eye glasses, or other accessories like lights, fans, or the Hangtime Hook which you can use to clamp and position your phone for reading or watching more Shug videos.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by InHunter View Post
    Just watched the video, where Whoopie slings are different colors, used the marlin-spike hitch and toogle. Thank you. Understanding better now..like that you can adjust Ridgeline
    What do you mean? Whoopie slings provide no adjustability to the hammock ridgeline.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    They do if you use one AS a ridgeline. My ridgeline is a UCR...

Quote Originally Posted by InHunter View Post
    New to hanging. How do I use a Whoopie sling with my new ENO bug net? Where does it attach? I use a grand trunk webbing for my ENO Hammock.
    Are you asking about using a whoopie sling ridgeline on the hammock? That would be an adjustable ridgeline that runs from one end of the hammock to the other, usually attached to the suspension. See Derek Hansen's illustration here:http://theultimatehang.com/2012/07/0...k-camping-101/
    Bubble number 6 is pointing to the ridgeline. Most ridgelines are a fixed length, but they can be made to be adjustable. Mine is.

Or do you mean whoopie slings to hang the hammock itself? If so, there are two, one on each end and they hook onto the attachment points, usually tree straps. If you've seen Shug's video, you've seen how that works. Here's another look from Grizz or Professor Hammock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw6P3pHt8KI
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

I'll read the chapter in Hansen's book on Anchor points and suspension systems. Thanks.

• + New Posts