Amok Draumr XL
    Tarp
    Cave Creek Hammock
    Insulation
    Amok Fjøl XL
    Suspension
    Amok suspension

Amok Draumr XL on track for April 1!

Ok, easy fix for the pole to hold up the head portion and also the foot. I cut them at 18”. Perfect fit. Got it at Ace Hardware

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    I "grounded" myself once while trying to zip/unzip when testing the bugnet. Luckily, with the footbox being reinforced with some very heavy fabric, this didn't seem like a big concern even if it happens a lot.

There is a bit of a learning curve for balance with things like ingress, egress, and zipping the net. I need more practice.
    Yes, often have my feet on the ground whilst feet are in the foot box to zip it up.
    One of Jonas's first bugnets in his first personal prototype had the bugnet all the way around the Draumr with zipper in front. Not sure where I saw that video.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AZsteelman View Post
    Ok, easy fix for the pole to hold up the head portion and also the foot. I cut them at 18”. Perfect fit. Got it at Ace Hardware

How do you deal with getting in the Draumr with the footbox pole in the pockets?
    I tried kind of a side saddle in chair mode. Seems I go into chair mode to need to slip by the pole and shockcord hooked to footbox.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Tarp
    Cave Creek Hammock
    Insulation
    Amok Fjøl XL
    Suspension
    Amok suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    How do you deal with getting in the Draumr with the footbox pole in the pockets?
    I tried kind of a side saddle in chair mode. Seems I go into chair mode to need to slip by the pole and shockcord hooked to footbox.
    I either go in kinda from the side or I managed to also come up with an ingenious idea. I got in, and pulled the end up towards me. Put in the post and clipped the shock cord while I had it up. Worked pretty good. Kinda reverse chair mode! It ain’t pretty but it worked!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    HMG DCF tarp
    Insulation
    Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Beckett Hitch
    Here’s my initial impressions from the time I had yesterday to enjoy my new Draumr in the backyard. It is extremely comfortable, and I am overall very pleased so far.

I do have a couple minor gripes. The stuff sack for the hammock itself is extremely tight. Given that it has compression straps, it seems like it should have been designed a little looser, and use the straps to compress everything. I’ll be playing with it to see if I can find an easy way to fold the hammock to prep it to go into the sack.

My second gripe is that the bottle holder is now on the left. Who made that decision and why? It really doesn’t make any sense to me! Perhaps it has something to do with that shelf up in the right corner? (The shelf is a really cool idea, BTW.)

My third possible issue is that the tarp is billed as 4-season coverage. But I’m not quite convinced of that. I’d really like to see fuller doors on the ends to enclose everything a little better for a stronger storm. And the ends are pretty close to the hammock body; I’ll be doing more testing, but it seems a little too short.

Some have said that the stuff sack for the tarp was also too tight. I didn’t personally experience that. There’s not a lot of room left over, but it was big enough that I didn’t have to fight it like I did with the hammock. I did like the little shock-cord loops to manage the guy lines. And I love the little stake bag in the top.

I did not setup the bug net. By the time I was done fiddling with the hammock, I wanted to relax, and figured I have plenty of time to play with the bug net later. Some have expressed some issues with the zipper. And I am wondering how it will be to zip it around the foot box.

Getting in was easy. I didn’t have an issue with the shock cord - it has a little hook that allows you to unhook the foot end. Getting out was a bit of a challenge. I was playing with reversing the entry - folding the pad up underneath me. I think I’ll be able to make that work.

The temp outside was 41º with about 10mph wind. The fjøl pad underneath kept me toasty warm!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AZsteelman View Post
    I either go in kinda from the side or I managed to also come up with an ingenious idea. I got in, and pulled the end up towards me. Put in the post and clipped the shock cord while I had it up. Worked pretty good. Kinda reverse chair mode! It ain’t pretty but it worked!
    Nice move!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Humneso View Post
    Here’s my initial impressions from the time I had yesterday to enjoy my new Draumr in the backyard. It is extremely comfortable, and I am overall very pleased so far.

I do have a couple minor gripes. The stuff sack for the hammock itself is extremely tight. Given that it has compression straps, it seems like it should have been designed a little looser, and use the straps to compress everything. I’ll be playing with it to see if I can find an easy way to fold the hammock to prep it to go into the sack.

My second gripe is that the bottle holder is now on the left. Who made that decision and why? It really doesn’t make any sense to me! Perhaps it has something to do with that shelf up in the right corner? (The shelf is a really cool idea, BTW.)

My third possible issue is that the tarp is billed as 4-season coverage. But I’m not quite convinced of that. I’d really like to see fuller doors on the ends to enclose everything a little better for a stronger storm. And the ends are pretty close to the hammock body; I’ll be doing more testing, but it seems a little too short.

Some have said that the stuff sack for the tarp was also too tight. I didn’t personally experience that. There’s not a lot of room left over, but it was big enough that I didn’t have to fight it like I did with the hammock. I did like the little shock-cord loops to manage the guy lines. And I love the little stake bag in the top.

I did not setup the bug net. By the time I was done fiddling with the hammock, I wanted to relax, and figured I have plenty of time to play with the bug net later. Some have expressed some issues with the zipper. And I am wondering how it will be to zip it around the foot box.

Getting in was easy. I didn’t have an issue with the shock cord - it has a little hook that allows you to unhook the foot end. Getting out was a bit of a challenge. I was playing with reversing the entry - folding the pad up underneath me. I think I’ll be able to make that work.

The temp outside was 41º with about 10mph wind. The fjøl pad underneath kept me toasty warm!
    It is pretty darn good in a storm. Been in a few with no wetness. The high hammock sides protect a bit but the tarp worked well.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    It is pretty darn good in a storm. Been in a few with no wetness. The high hammock sides protect a bit but the tarp worked well.
    yup, was also going to say I've been in a couple ugly storms with mine, and never gotten a drop of rain on the hammock at all. also really happy that adding a center pole is easy on these, to keep the broad side from hitting your head (if that's how the wind is howling)

I guess I need to see more details on this new footbox

the prototype looked great,but sounds like maybe the final style is up the air a bit

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    HMG DCF tarp
    Insulation
    Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Beckett Hitch

Thanks for that. Somehow I’ve missed that video. Now I need to hop on YouTube and see what else I’ve missed...
    That makes me feel a lot better about it. Now to get out and try it for myself!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    HMG DCF tarp
    Insulation
    Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Beckett Hitch
    I was posting from my iPad previously, and was having errors uploading photos. So, here are a few from my setup!

IMG_2630.jpg
    IMG_2628.jpg
    IMG_2629.jpg
    IMG_2627.jpg
    IMG_2634.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast