Exped Poncho/Tarp
    Insulation
    WallcreepBivanorak
    Suspension
    Eno SlapStrap Pro

ALPACKA SCOUT 3lbs. packraft

Hello all,
    Something really fun here...

I have a 3lb. packraft for sale. It is the Alpacka Scout and made by Alpacka Packraft of Mancos, CO.

I purchased this brand new from Alpacka this for Christmas and just recently (thanks to a spell of warmer weather) gave this a try on the Poudre River here in Colorado. Works very nicely and a great way to get down stream, or cross a lake, stream, river, etc., or paddle out to an island on a lake. This packraft weighs only 3.5 lbs. and packs down as small as an air mattress. Good thing too, you can use this as an air mattress! (Or a bathtub, or sink, or....?)

The Alpacka Scout is the smallest and most "stealthy" of the Alpacka Packraft fleet. I added 11 extra tie-outs strategically spaced around the perimeter of the raft. You can circle a rope completely around the raft. You could also use these tie-outs to construct or buy a spray skirt and use these to attach to. This was an additional cost of $5 per tie-out.

The Scout is constructed of the same material as all the Alpacka Packrafts. Very durable and lightweight. I am 5'10" and 175 lbs. and this raft fits me wonderfully. (Sheri at Alpacka told me that these will hold upwards of 350 lbs.) I find the best method is to kneel in the raft and set my pack in front of me. But, you can sit and put your pack on your legs or lay your pack across the bow and strap down.(Hence, my need to add the extra tie-outs!)

I am selling because I would like to step-up to a larger Alpacka packraft. Looking to do more Class II and III whitewater trips. (This packraft has been tested by Alpacka on Class II and III waters. It will hold up to these, but seems to take on more water due to the smaller size than the other Alpacka rafts.) I have used this raft only a couple of times and there are no holes or any damage to this raft. Besides a little river water dusting, this raft is Near-Mint. Included is the patch kit and Alpacka sticker that came with this raft (unused). Also, included is a Sevylor 5-piece kayak paddle. This is a very nice paddle and no damage. (I am wanting to get a higher-end rugged paddle for more aggressive excursions.)

Here's the link to Alpacka...
    https://www.alpackaraft.com/store/in...=126&do=detail

Here's a link on inflating the Alpacka packraft...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duIIaaKo9n8

Original cost... $645 + shipping.
    ....Will sell for $590 shipped tyd.

Send me a PM or email, if interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    if your having trouble selling this, try paddling.net. i sold my kayak in 3 days of listing it there. and got 200.00 more than i paid for it!!!!
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Nano 7
    Tarp
    Exped Poncho/Tarp
    Insulation
    WallcreepBivanorak
    Suspension
    Eno SlapStrap Pro
    Hello Kayaknut,
    Thanks for the heads-up. This was the first place I listed this. I will post at paddling.net and at the Alpacka forum, too. It really is a super lightweight and durable packraft. These are a blast to use!

cheers!

• + New Posts