Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    I called today and its $30 minimum for transportation, split however many ways as people sign up, up to whatever the shuttle can carry, then another $30 fee for every additional shuttle.

The guy said only one other person besides me has signed up for 8am Friday morning, so whoever that is we would be $15 each.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I just called and added myself to the transport list. If you plan on going give them a call at 814-755-3231.

ps- jcksparow your inbox is full.
    Last edited by LuvmyBonnet; 07-22-2019 at 12:36.
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hammock
    Homemade for now
    I'll give them a call tomorrow morning

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus06 View Post
    Also what is everyone bringing food wise? So i can plan accordingly... lol. Im a picky eater... lol
    Mostly it’s fend-for-yourself, but anything brought to share won’t be turned away. I think I’ll make some kind of cast-iron concoction Saturday night for the group.

Quote Originally Posted by mbal1856 View Post
    Well as of now it looks like I'm in, but can't make it till Sat morning. At least I get to hang out Sat and Sat night. Something is better than nothing.
    We’ll save some trees for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Conquering Fool View Post
    I called today and its $30 minimum for transportation, split however many ways as people sign up, up to whatever the shuttle can carry, then another $30 fee for every additional shuttle.

The guy said only one other person besides me has signed up for 8am Friday morning, so whoever that is we would be $15 each.
    That other person is me. So how many folks will we have on the shuttle? Trying to estimate if a second one will be necessary. There’s Conquering Fool, LuvmyBonnet, Sparticus06, and two for me. Did I miss anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyBonnet View Post
    ps- jcksparow your inbox is full.
    Good tip, thanks! Didn’t even know that could happen. Should be good now!
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I'm planning on doing a Corned beef and cabbage in the Dutch oven. Probably Saturday night so I'll have plenty of prep time.

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyBonnet View Post
    I'm planning on doing a Corned beef and cabbage in the Dutch oven. Probably Saturday night so I'll have plenty of prep time.
    Yum! I love corned beef. Think I'll make a pierogi casserole. Those dishes should compliment each other well, plus pierogies are a surefire way to keep the wife happy!
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Hammock
    Homemade for now
    Just called. Im in for the shuttle for kayaking.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Almost game time, folks! I'm so excited. Weather is shaping up to be excellent (not to jinx anything--this is Pennsylvania, after all), and this may well be the largest turnout this event has seen.

Couple of last minute notes:

If traveling from the south, there's a stretch of road that connects 66 with 666 called Blue Jay Creek Rd. In the past, this road has been frequently closed due to bridge repair/storm damage/etc, requiring a lengthy and inconvenient detour north on 948 towards Sheffield before doubling back south on 666. I'm not anticipating it being closed this weekend, but it's something to be aware of when planning your route.

Regarding firewood, I'll be bringing at least one saw for scavenging what we can as well as a wagon that can be used to haul wood in from the parking lot. ANF has a pretty strict rule against bringing in wood from outside of the forest (kiln-dried stuff is ok), but there are several locations around where wood can be purchased relatively cheaply. If everyone was able to pick up a bundle or two and/or pitch in $5 or so towards that end, we should be able to amass a decent stockpile.

Cell service in the area is pretty much non-existent. The closest town is Sheffield, which is about a 20 minute drive. There's a couple decent restaurants, a Tops grocery store, a surprisingly good beer distributor, and an excellent convenience store called the Pitstop. I know Verizon at least gets reception in town as well.

I honestly don't know whether I'm more excited to see everyone or by the prospect of getting 3 nights of solid sleep in my hammock.

Senior Member Pennsy Camp and Canoe's Avatar
    Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless - Dark OG
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Winter hex
    Insulation
    LLG UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    I'll have my noisy buck saw and ax also but usually we just buy wood, frees time for socializing. I'm not even close to being ready, and I have to get my son and nephew ready too...

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I'll have a bundle of kiln-dried and also bringing a wagon. Looking forward to the hang and the paddle. Any advise on what type of lure works best for the Allegheny river? Spoons, rapela, spinners, live bait??? I'll also bring that cajun fish mix I used last time.

ps- I'm bringing Guinness to boil the corned beef since I know there are several of us who like it. This will be a first for me. MMMMMMMMMMMMM!

I was also hoping this would be our first International ANF hang but it looks like my buddy from Canada can't make this one.
    Last edited by LuvmyBonnet; 07-24-2019 at 14:05.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast