WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Went down this weekend to Minister Creek. Jcksparrow joined for an overnight. The weather was great. I've managed to do the last 6 camping days without a tarp. Lets hope that continues.
    After all the rain PA has been getting the water levels were very high. Tionesta creek was a raging river of chocolate milk rather than a creek and Minister Creek had the most water running through it that I've seen. I didn't bring any fishing gear because I thought it would all be like the Tionesta but Minister was fish-able. Wish I brought a rod.
    Strange part was there was an empty tent set up on the creek a little bit down from our spot. I got there Friday at 2:00 and the tent was already there. I left Sunday at 3:00 and the tent was still there. Never any occupants. Hmmm.
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyBonnet View Post
    Went down this weekend to Minister Creek. Jcksparrow joined for an overnight. The weather was great. I've managed to do the last 6 camping days without a tarp. Lets hope that continues.
    After all the rain PA has been getting the water levels were very high. Tionesta creek was a raging river of chocolate milk rather than a creek and Minister Creek had the most water running through it that I've seen. I didn't bring any fishing gear because I thought it would all be like the Tionesta but Minister was fish-able. Wish I brought a rod.
    Strange part was there was an empty tent set up on the creek a little bit down from our spot. I got there Friday at 2:00 and the tent was already there. I left Sunday at 3:00 and the tent was still there. Never any occupants. Hmmm.
    Glad you guys had a good trip and sorry I couldn't make it up. There is a Meetup group camping there from the 26-30th so the tent may be a placeholder of sorts.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquering Fool View Post
    There is a Meetup group camping there from the 26-30th so the tent may be a placeholder of sorts.
    Well that's rather rude taking up a camping spot for all those days when nobody is using it.

Does that mean we can rope of the whole woods with emergency tape for our outing the end of July!?!
    Last edited by LuvmyBonnet; 06-24-2019 at 12:40.
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Thinking about making this hang. Trying to decide to tie it in with a motorcycle trip along Rt 6 or bring my truck with a kayak.......
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com
    Facebook: JacksRBetterQuilts
    Intstagram: Jacks_R_Better_Quilts

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    June Bugs
    Glad you guys had a good trip and sorry I couldn't make it up. There is a Meetup group camping there from the 26-30th so the tent may be a placeholder of sorts.
    I wish I would've seen this so I could notify the rangers of the camping violation.

Quote Originally Posted by arcana73 View Post
    I wish I would've seen this so I could notify the rangers of the camping violation.
    I was just speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by DGrav View Post
    Thinking about making this hang. Trying to decide to tie it in with a motorcycle trip along Rt 6 or bring my truck with a kayak.......
    Bring the kayak!

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    June Bugs
    Well I would still let the rangers know in case there's something wrong

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    I reserved transportation for Friday morning to do a section of the Allegheny from Tidioute to East Hickory if anyone wants to join me just sign up:

http://www.alleghenywildernessoutfit...ervations.html
    What are the details with the shuttle you reserved? Are you dropping off your car at East Hickory and having them shuttle you to Tidioute, and if so what time?
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Hammock
    1.7 dbl, WBRR LSOH Swift
    Tarp
    superfly Razor
    Insulation
    Lynx' toaster z
    Suspension
    webbing, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyBonnet View Post
    Here in ontario people do that to save a site on crown land. I call it campsite poaching.
    Ive seen tents set up for months and still noboby comes to use it. Stuff like that forces us to hack out new campsites. It aint right.
    No signs,no fees,no rules,nobody. My kind of campsite.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast