WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

sheltowee hammock for tall people?

This is a request for any one who has a sheltowee boon hammock---i am 6'4" , 250 lbs with broad shoulders---will i be comfortable in this hammock? I love the idea of a built in UQ--but thats kind of a mute point if its not comfortable for me to lay in! I am a side/back sleeper. Any other advice concerning this hammock system? (I have never actually seen one!) Thanks for the help!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

My thought is that a hammock with a built-in UQ probably needs to be ~40 degrees. Then you can layer on more if you need to. I wouldn't want a permanent 20 degree UQ unless I had another hammock for warmer weather.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    I believe Alex is fairly tall himself. 6' and change...

He's pretty responsive on Facebook if you're in a rush.

I don't own one but checked it out at his shop... it's an 11' standard width hammock so I don't see why you'd have an issue unless you struggle with one now. Hexon 2.4 if I remember right is the standard.

Hammock
    Dutch Nylon D
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    Sheltowee 20* UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch
    My son uses a 20* boone. he is about 6' 2 but skinny.

Hammock
    Sheltowee Hammocks
    Tarp
    Big, Retangular
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    This is a request for any one who has a sheltowee boon hammock---i am 6'4" , 250 lbs with broad shoulders---will i be comfortable in this hammock? I love the idea of a built in UQ--but thats kind of a mute point if its not comfortable for me to lay in! I am a side/back sleeper. Any other advice concerning this hammock system? (I have never actually seen one!) Thanks for the help!
    Hey there! Just Bill that chimed in here is correct, it's an 11' gathered end hammock, max width of fabric, with an Underquilt attached and gathered along with the hammock. 2.4 Hexon for the hammock body is standard and 1.6 is available for no extra charge.

I think it's important that this hammock (now called the Shell Hammock on our site) is thought of not as an insulated hammock but a hammock with a built-in underquilt, because our built-in underquilts still have full adjustability (ie is big enough that it can be pulled completely out from under you for instant relief in hot weather)

we built a good hammock first, with proper materials, dimensions, Ridgeline & adjustable suspension, then crafted an insulation layer around that.

We now have that insulation layer available as a stand alone UQ called the Shell UQ, which essentially can turn any hammock into our Shell Hammock, only have the ability to remove the UQ and leave it at home.

We also have a generous 40 day return policy all of our products, which is usually long enough where you can give the hammock a few nights hanging at home to see how you like it, keeping it in 'like new' condition, before returning it for a full refund.

-Alex

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    -Alex

Sheltowee Hammocks Feature INTEGRATED UNDERQUILTS! Starting at $224

Step Out Of Your Sheltowee @ www.ShellHammocks.com

• + New Posts