Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TyRod View Post
    I'll be down in the area and plan to stay Friday night and am going up to Montgomery Bell SP for Saturday night. I plan to be down there around 1-2pm Friday, anyone else planning to be there around that time, or is there a specific spot you're planning on staying at that I could go to if no one is around yet? Assuming I should purchase a couple bundles of firewood or are any other specific items needed?
    Hello tyrod
    I will be down around noon.You will able to spot us because we will be the only people with hammocks.I grew up a few miles from Montgomery bell state park.I still go there several time a year.
    I am looking forward to meeting yyou.
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC/Eldorado
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    Hello tyrod
    I will be down around noon.You will able to spot us because we will be the only people with hammocks.I grew up a few miles from Montgomery bell state park.I still go there several time a year.
    I am looking forward to meeting yyou.
    Thanks, c ya tomorrow!

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Unhappy

Neo, my cold has not improved, but if anything is a bit worse this morning. I know per our conversation we were assuming I'd be good to go by now, but alas.

Thus, I will not be coming down today, nor at all this weekend. I hate missing out, but I feel kinda miserable and bet y'all will be glad not to have me around sneezing and coughing.

Y'all have fun without me. I know you will.

So, till next time ....
    "You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    JRB
    Suspension
    Beetles / Webbing
    Enjoyed seeing some old faces and meeting new folks. Hope those heading back to Kentucky and Missouri weren’t held up by the snow. And thanks to Tyrod for the dry wood...looks like your mtn bike race will be a wet and muddy one.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by TNWoodsman View Post
    Enjoyed seeing some old faces and meeting new folks. Hope those heading back to Kentucky and Missouri weren’t held up by the snow. And thanks to Tyrod for the dry wood...looks like your mtn bike race will be a wet and muddy one.
    I went and rode Montgomery Bell for 3hrs Saturday afternoon,and seeing the rain was at 100% during the night and Sunday, and we were supposed to get 3-6" of snow at home, I decided it'd be best to head back North to avoid issues on the interstate. Just wasn't motivated enough to wait around till noon today to ride in the mud, then drive 5hrs home afterwards(in perfect conditions). Looking at the radar this morning I'm glad I did.
    I stopped at a national forest 1.5 hours south of my house last night and set up the hammock at 10:30pm and spent the night there. Expected to wake up to snow, but it started after eating breakfast. I ended up riding another couple of hours this morning before heading home. Great meeting you this weekend!

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Becket
    Enjoyed meeting everyone this weekend, great group of people!!

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB Universal Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Web-cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by TyRod View Post
    I went and rode Montgomery Bell for 3hrs Saturday afternoon,and seeing the rain was at 100% during the night and Sunday, and we were supposed to get 3-6" of snow at home, I decided it'd be best to head back North to avoid issues on the interstate. Just wasn't motivated enough to wait around till noon today to ride in the mud, then drive 5hrs home afterwards(in perfect conditions). Looking at the radar this morning I'm glad I did.
    I stopped at a national forest 1.5 hours south of my house last night and set up the hammock at 10:30pm and spent the night there. Expected to wake up to snow, but it started after eating breakfast. I ended up riding another couple of hours this morning before heading home. Great meeting you this weekend!
    In this situation a strategic retreat was definitely in order. I made it home just 3 hours before the snow hit at 2am. I love these HF hangs; I get to meet such nice and interesting folks! And the dutch oven Encilada (caserole?) was wonderful.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123