Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    DIY 0* HG 0*
    Suspension
    Hg daisy chain
    What time do you think you'll be there? I should be able to get there around 6. I don't think you will need a net, but it's better to have it and not need it...[/QUOTE]

It’s like summer over here in minnesnowda! I’ll bring the bug net �� It’s a 5 hour drive so I’ll be there around 3. Should I get a normal campsite or just head to the group site?

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
    Warbonnet Blackbird. Excited to try it out. And figure out how to set up!
    Tumbleweed and Watertooner are two that I would recommend you talk to for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Janette View Post
    What time do you think you'll be there? I should be able to get there around 6. I don't think you will need a net, but it's better to have it and not need it...
    It’s like summer over here in minnesnowda! I’ll bring the bug net �� It’s a 5 hour drive so I’ll be there around 3. Should I get a normal campsite or just head to the group site?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's warm here too. Go to the group sure, I'll take care of the rest.

Hammock
    Dutch Wide Netless
    Tarp
    12' Hex
    Insulation
    RSBTR DIY Kit
    Suspension
    Breeze Buckles
    After having a great time at the Butt Hang with my son we were really hoping to make it to this one but with the IAT hiking seminar on the 13th, a hammock camping clinic for some local scout troops on the 20th and a backpacking camporee on the 26th and 27th we are going to have to sit this one out. Nothing is going to come in the way of Baconfest though. Hope to meet some of you there.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Going to try and make this one...even though it is in Packer country.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Countrybois View Post

It's allowed - based on a mutual reciprocity agreement that recognizes safe passage to and from each state. There are so many excellent Illinoisian camp chefs that Cheeseheads would be fools to act like fools - if that makes sense.
    The game is the best teacher.

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Can you bring some NAMA claws up with you? I'll have to figure out how many I want - probably only like 4 or so. (But I love mine and others might fall in love with them too.)

Actually, I might want more. Can you show me how you use them on your guy outs?
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Watertooner View Post
    It's allowed - based on a mutual reciprocity agreement that recognizes safe passage to and from each state. There are so many excellent Illinoisian camp chefs that Cheeseheads would be fools to act like fools - if that makes sense.
    I'm just glad the Bears had a respectable season so I don't have to come in shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    Can you bring some NAMA claws up with you? I'll have to figure out how many I want - probably only like 4 or so. (But I love mine and others might fall in love with them too.)

Actually, I might want more. Can you show me how you use them on your guy outs?
    Sure! I'll throw some in.

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    DIY 0* HG 0*
    Suspension
    Hg daisy chain
    I just ordered the new airwave fabric from ripstop, if it gets here on time I’ll sew up a new hammock for the hang. It supposed to feel like comfy cotton!

Quote Originally Posted by goobie View Post
    Most, if not all, of us are using an UQ. Short of a return of the polar vortex for this hang you'll be fine with the jarbidge, my son uses his well into the teens. A full coverage tarp will help with that too.

Come on out, we'll help you get setup correctly. You'll sleep be able to check out many different rigs, which will shorten the learning curve considerably.

Hope to see you in April!
    Sounds like I talked the wife and dog into this event. (Im sure all the good food pics helped) We will be ground dwelling in a tent but will bring the minimual hammock gear we have. Looking forward to observing the real campers hanging.

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodwzrd View Post
    After having a great time at the Butt Hang with my son we were really hoping to make it to this one but with the IAT hiking seminar on the 13th, a hammock camping clinic for some local scout troops on the 20th and a backpacking camporee on the 26th and 27th we are going to have to sit this one out. Nothing is going to come in the way of Baconfest though. Hope to meet some of you there.
    Sounds like a very busy month! Have fun!!

This one's on the good side of the border, but not by much so you can make a quick escape if necessary

Quote Originally Posted by Janette View Post
    I just ordered the new airwave fabric from ripstop, if it gets here on time I’ll sew up a new hammock for the hang. It supposed to feel like comfy cotton!
    Let me guess, it's pink too! I'd like to check that fabric out, if you get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by zfmrchnt View Post
    Sounds like I talked the wife and dog into this event. (Im sure all the good food pics helped) We will be ground dwelling in a tent but will bring the minimual hammock gear we have. Looking forward to observing the real campers hanging.
    What else do you need? I bet we could set you up. This is a great hang for you to see a lot of different setups, try not to get overwhelmed. And yes, we do eat fairly well at these hangs!

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast