Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    WookieUQ BurrowTQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbo View Post
    I hear what you are saying Johnwesley as l often lean my knee on the calf ridge or this hammock wall side, well actually l often lay on my side with my knee on the opposite hammock wall side as well.

As l am 5'6 l order the 9" trail winder and made a little request to Jared for a inch or so extra insulation over the centre or depth of the taper from about the knee down, for this exact reason you have brought up.

I haven't noticed any CBS or knee cold from the calf ridge wall side, on the occasion l have noticed from the opposite hammock wall, however this doesn't happen much at all and l could probably fine tune this out, slightly adjusting and moving the trail winder towards the head end a little.

Just wanted to point out, the side adjustment cinches to snug things in to achieve the perfect fit really works! Jared has really covered a mix of blending in to hit up on with a superb UQ!

Man, the Zebra trail winder is mesmerising in appeal! Love ya work Jared!

Thanks for the feed back. I was curious, decided to go more conventional for my first UQ then I’ll know a little more about what I really need/ want for a different UQ for warmer season.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    just placed an order for a 40 degree version in moroccan blue with (hopefully) lime stitching.

question: how do you all store yours? do you have to store it uncompressed like down or can you just store it in the available stuff sack that Jared supplies?
    Last edited by soul embrace; 05-18-2019 at 07:44.
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by soul embrace View Post
    just placed an order for a 40 degree version in moroccan blue with (hopefully) lime stitching.

question: how do you all store yours? do you have to store it uncompressed like down or can you just store it in the available stuff sack that Jared supplies?
    I store it in a cotton bag uncompressed
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Hammock
    Tarp
    Insulation
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortRound View Post
    I store it in a cotton bag uncompressed
    ok. thanks

I placed the order at 6ish this morning and Jared had it made and to the post office by 8:25 this morning and will be here Tuesday.

we all know he is the fastest vendor here and he didn't disappoint this time either, he even upgraded the shipping for free so it would be here before my trip this weekend.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by soul embrace View Post
    ok. thanks

I placed the order at 6ish this morning and Jared had it made and to the post office by 8:25 this morning and will be here Tuesday.

we all know he is the fastest vendor here and he didn't disappoint this time either, he even upgraded the shipping for free so it would be here before my trip this weekend.
    You’ll love it! One suggestion . Before you setup lay the trail winder on the floor & identify which end is the widest . Obviously it will be Head end & foot end the narrow . I know some complained of a wrong fit or cold spots but later found they were layin on the wrong ends
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Hammock
    Tarp
    Insulation
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortRound View Post
    You’ll love it! One suggestion . Before you setup lay the trail winder on the floor & identify which end is the widest . Obviously it will be Head end & foot end the narrow . I know some complained of a wrong fit or cold spots but later found they were layin on the wrong ends
    thanks for the tip
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    hmmmm... got me thinking about my warm weather setup..

Currently use a custom HG Phincubator and just added a Phoenix.. both 40's. Hoping to ditch one or the other. The Phincubator has a pack weight of 15.4 oz and compresses to a decently small package. Looks smaller than was I saw in the video in the first post.

Am I correct that 3.6oz rating would be the rough equiv of a 40f down UQ? And Argon 90 shell would put pack weight at roughly 17oz?

If one of you with this combination has a Phoenix 40f, would you share a picture of them stuff.. for comparison.

Does SLD do full custom work? A 40f with a body in 1.0 Monolite would be neat.

Not sure it would be ideal for me as I do swap left and right lay in the middle of the night, but I like the no-fuss suspension and synth would be great for use in the wet spring months.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    Tarp
    Insulation
    Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    Am I correct that 3.6oz rating would be the rough equiv of a 40f down UQ? And Argon 90 shell would put pack weight at roughly 17oz?
    according to SLD site the temperature rating per ounce is this:

Rough temperature estimates on insulation weights:

2.5 oz - 50o F
    3.6 oz - 40o F
    5.0 oz - 30o F
    6.0 oz - 20o F
    7.5 oz - 10o F
    10 oz - -5o F

and the weight will vary depending on options chosen, but average weight for standard length Ion is 17 oz, Argon 90 is 16 oz in the Apex 3.6 oz Insulation.

yes jared will usually do whatever you ask if possible, you will need to email and ask and get a quote at [email protected]
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    hmmmm... got me thinking about my warm weather setup..

Currently use a custom HG Phincubator and just added a Phoenix.. both 40's. Hoping to ditch one or the other. The Phincubator has a pack weight of 15.4 oz and compresses to a decently small package. Looks smaller than was I saw in the video in the first post.

If one of you with this combination has a Phoenix 40f, would you share a picture of them stuff.. for comparison.

Not sure it would be ideal for me as I do swap left and right lay in the middle of the night, but I like the no-fuss suspension and synth would be great for use in the wet spring months.
    Within reason , Jared @ Simply Light Designs is one of the few vendors who truly does custom work to your specs. If it is a demanding project that takes away from his normal offerings he may say no , but more times he does say yes to build you your ideas .
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images

SIMPLY LIGHT DESIGNS ASYM UNDERQUILT

I emailed Jared this morning... I never expected a response same day, let alone on a Sunday. But sure enough, we swapped two or three emails through out the day. Not only can he accommodate lighter fabric (Argon 67 and Membrane 1.0) and expects only three days to get the farbic, but he also said it could be here by this coming weekend if I needed it.

That's crazy good service.
    Last edited by MikekiM; 05-19-2019 at 23:00.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast