DreamHammock Sparrow Symmetrical
    Tarp
    DD XL with doors
    Insulation
    SMR inferno UQ
    Suspension
    Daisy Chains
    Images
    I had the ties added so there would be no chance of the UQ gapping on the sides. The ties match the location of the UQ tieouts provided on the Sparrow I believe 16 inches up from the center (or down to the foot end) of the hammock. I attach the UQ and the tie outs (UQ side) to the provided tie outs (hammock side) and it holds in place perfectly. Maybe not necessary but a little insurance And I have no skills to make that type of add on after the fact.
    Dave

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC/Eldorado
    Tarp
    HG dyneema
    Insulation
    Diamondback,wookie
    Suspension
    Spider/Beetle
    Images
    Anyone have pictures of what their 20deg Trail Winder looks like in a stuff sack? Just wondering how it would compare to a 20deg wookie. According to websites they are within .5oz of each other in weight but I'm curious as how they compare in compressed size. Thanks.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wooki
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchConch View Post
    Anyone have pictures of what their 20deg Trail Winder looks like in a stuff sack? Just wondering how it would compare to a 20deg wookie. According to websites they are within .5oz of each other in weight but I'm curious as how they compare in compressed size. Thanks.
    I only got the 40deg Trail Winder which is slightly bigger than a 20deg Wooki in its stuff sack. The Trail winder stuff sack is a bit roomy and the UQ can be compressed slightly more if needed. 20deg Trail Winder will be bigger than a 20deg Wooki.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DD XL with doors
    Insulation
    SMR inferno UQ
    Suspension
    Daisy Chains
    Images
    So a follow up to my 40* sidewinder - love it BTW. I had an issue with the fact that I own a hammock that allows right or left lay (symmetrical). With an asymmetrical UQ you cannot do this so I contacted Jared on the possibility of making me a UQ that the insulation is in a rectangle to allow me to change sleeping positions on the fly and still be covered by the insulation. I opted for a 20* design. He agreed to prototype me one. I had a chance to try it out and it works perfectly! My daughter and friend liked it as well and ordered one each for a total 3. Now before you start thinking of the extra weight let me explain my reasoning. First I really like the ability to change positions during the night. Second, I choose to sleep in just my skivvies, no shirt or socks and still like to be warm. My old set up going as light as possible (I own a down UQ) worked but I found I needed to wear long johns and socks or on the colder nights even a sweatshirt. I have never been comfortable wearing clothes while sleeping because it makes me feel restricted. I have found that the extra weight of the synthetic insulations is quickly negated by the weight savings of not having to bring the extra sleeping clothes. I know this is not for everyone but it works for me.
    I just wanted everyone to know what amazing service Jared provides and he is willing to work with you to accommodate your needs. Winter has hit Michigan pretty hard so I was not able to set up and take pics - hopefully in the Spring!
    If you are on the fence about purchasing a ZERO fiddle factor UQ that does not come off your outside shoulder during the night - look no further this one just flat out works.
    Dave

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    UGQ winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    buckles or Daisy
    Quote Originally Posted by ShroominDave View Post
    So a follow up to my 40* sidewinder - love it BTW. I had an issue with the fact that I own a hammock that allows right or left lay (symmetrical). With an asymmetrical UQ you cannot do this so I contacted Jared on the possibility of making me a UQ that the insulation is in a rectangle to allow me to change sleeping positions on the fly and still be covered by the insulation. I opted for a 20* design. He agreed to prototype me one. I had a chance to try it out and it works perfectly! My daughter and friend liked it as well and ordered one each for a total 3. Now before you start thinking of the extra weight let me explain my reasoning. First I really like the ability to change positions during the night. Second, I choose to sleep in just my skivvies, no shirt or socks and still like to be warm. My old set up going as light as possible (I own a down UQ) worked but I found I needed to wear long johns and socks or on the colder nights even a sweatshirt. I have never been comfortable wearing clothes while sleeping because it makes me feel restricted. I have found that the extra weight of the synthetic insulations is quickly negated by the weight savings of not having to bring the extra sleeping clothes. I know this is not for everyone but it works for me.
    I just wanted everyone to know what amazing service Jared provides and he is willing to work with you to accommodate your needs. Winter has hit Michigan pretty hard so I was not able to set up and take pics - hopefully in the Spring!
    If you are on the fence about purchasing a ZERO fiddle factor UQ that does not come off your outside shoulder during the night - look no further this one just flat out works.
    Is the suspension on the prototype more like a traditional UQ or does it still hang like a TrailWinder?
    left lay born, left lay bred and when I die I'll be left lay dead.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DD XL with doors
    Insulation
    SMR inferno UQ
    Suspension
    Daisy Chains
    Images
    Suspension is the same as trailwinder - I have 11 ft hammocks and the proto was made as a 10 footer but I adjusted the next two to be 9.5 feet - this seems to be the perfect length that removes any "puckers" on the sides of the quilt. I also have tie out loops on the UQ that line up with my hammock tieouts so the quilt does not have a chance to move.
    Dave

• + New Posts
  • Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314