Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Hammock
    Dream Sparrow
    Tarp
    WBTF
    I have a couple of questions about this system:
    1) Can you pitch tarps in a variety of ways for conditions such as warm, dry night or a cold, wet night, porch mode, etc?
    2) Does this require one long webbing, such as a 12' strap, or can it work with a whoopie sling? If it is a long strap, do you leave the prussik on the strap, and does it still thread through the loop end with the prussik on there?

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonatic View Post
    I have a couple of questions about this system:
    1) Can you pitch tarps in a variety of ways for conditions such as warm, dry night or a cold, wet night, porch mode, etc?
    Yes, if you implement a small adjustable ridgeline on each end of the tarp, you can raise the height. Porch mode works regardless of the tarp suspension used.

Quote Originally Posted by Loonatic View Post
    2) Does this require one long webbing, such as a 12' strap, or can it work with a whoopie sling? If it is a long strap, do you leave the prussik on the strap, and does it still thread through the loop end with the prussik on there?
    I think this system works best with long webbing- 12'-15'. It may not work as well with whoopies, because I'm guessing you'd have to put the prusiks on the constrictor. The prusiks do stay on the webbing, and it threads through the loop just fine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Banshee / Chameleon
    Tarp
    TrailHeadz Topo
    Insulation
    CRO / JRB /TH
    Suspension
    Autumn Ultralight
    I' m sorry that i'm a bit late to this thread, but i've been using this setup by MyersTech for about 6 months now and i've become a big fan. Especially for my quick and light trips, It works well. And like Spiguyver I added shock cord to the ground tieouts of my tarp.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.”
    ― Norman Maclean

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    I use the shock cord at the ground corners and one 12' strap per end..

Prussik stays on the strap, although I use that set of straps exclusively for SLS, and almost exclusively with the asym that has three sets of ridge tie out points, so nine options for ridge length.

The one thing that doesn't work is an internal pole. It just flattens the tarp out.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Update on the all in one suspension system. I recently purchased a Dyneema tarp, and found that the all in one doesn't work as well with Dyneema as it does silpoly. The reason is the silpoly stretches, allowing the ridgeline to pull outwards and flatten out. As a result, the tarp doesn't sag, but stretches across the ridgeline.

Dyneema however, does not stretch. So the ridgeline cannot stretch outwards. The only thing the tarp can do is pull downward, causing it to sag. I even added internal shock cord tensioners to try and alleviate the problem; but this didn't help at all. This is a bummer-as I really like the all in one concept. I just won't be able to use it with my Dyneema tarp.

If you don't use a dyneema tarp, you should have no issues with this system.

Hey rweb, I'm new to all this - I thought the silpoly tarps were a step up from the silnylon because the silpoly doesn't stretch. I chatted with a few folks who removed shock cords from their guy outs when they switched from silnylon to silpoly.

Tell me more...?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rodentface; 03-17-2019 at 21:03.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by rodentface View Post
    Hey rcweb, I'm new to all this - I thought the silpoly tarps were a step up from the silnylon because the silpoly doesn't stretch. I chatted with a few folks who removed shock cords from their guy outs when they switched from silnylon to silpoly.

Tell me more...?

Silpoly still has stretch, just not as much as silnylon. Silpoly won't continue to stretch when wet like silnylon does-which is why you need tensionsers for silnylon . On the other hand, dyneema has no stretch.

Got it. Appreciate the heads up.

I'm excited about giving this all-in-one suspension a shot when I'm out on a motorcycle trip and bouncing to a different site every night. Seems perfect for when I won't be in camp for much more than the sleep time.

I used to think hammock folk were crazy for owning multiple hammocks, tarps, suspensions, etc. Now I understand! After my first hammock it didn't take me long to seek out two more, each with a different suspension system.

I'm enjoying different setups for different needs and priorities.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345