DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameth View Post
    I really like this. I know others have posted on this setup before, but for some reason, this is the first time its simplicity/functionality has registered with me. Thanks for sharing.
    You're welcome! I'm looking forward to testing it out in the field more before I'm ready to say it's "go to" rig. But I've communicated with Spiguyver a bit (he's used the same setup for a couple trips now), and he has not had any issues with the all-in-one, and loves the simplicity of it. I do agree, out of every "all-in-one" system I've come across, this one seems to be the most simplistic.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG, Zpacks, DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre, HG
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images
    The AIO hammock/tarp setup has always been one of the design aspects of the HH I really liked.

Really dig your setup... especially the prussic knots with the integrated pulls.

How'd you do that?

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by ObdewlaX View Post
    The AIO hammock/tarp setup has always been one of the design aspects of the HH I really liked.

Really dig your setup... especially the prussic knots with the integrated pulls.

How'd you do that?
    I followed Jeff Myers' approach on YouTube. But instead of using spliced loops, I just tied overhand knots. Again, not pretty...but quick and functional. Here are a couple close-up videos- one showcasing the AIO suspension, and the other showing how to connect the prusik/pull handle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-giyDqo7CI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcUOhwgd0JY

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Ive been thinking of ordering this from him too and after seeing yours I think I might give it a try now. I've always liked the simplicity of an all-in-one suspension, and now that I have one of these : https://simplylightdesigns.com/colle...atch-all-sack/ from SLD, setting up my rig will be ridiculously quick and easy! Step one : attach tree straps. Step two : pull back tarp and hammock skins. Step three: stake out/ adjust tarp.... DONE !
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Streamliner
    Tarp
    HG Hex
    Insulation
    LL,UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie hook
    Are you able to set your tarp up first with this system or does it require hanging the hammock first?

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Ive been thinking of ordering this from him too and after seeing yours I think I might give it a try now. I've always liked the simplicity of an all-in-one suspension, and now that I have one of these : https://simplylightdesigns.com/colle...atch-all-sack/ from SLD, setting up my rig will be ridiculously quick and easy! Step one : attach tree straps. Step two : pull back tarp and hammock skins. Step three: stake out/ adjust tarp.... DONE !
    the AIO is definitely a time saver!

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by raggydoo View Post
    Are you able to set your tarp up first with this system or does it require hanging the hammock first?
    You can set up the tarp first if needed. I just use a Becket Hitch connection to my hammock, so I don't have to worry about where any hardware is positioned on the webbing- or having it interfere with the tarp connection. Most of the time, I can pretty accurately eyeball the hammock position as I'm tying the Becket Hitch. It's not too difficult once you have an eye for how much tarp overhang you should have off the ends of the hammock.

Hammock
    DIY 11.5 XL
    Tarp
    WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dyneema/MSH
    This has been my go-to suspension setup for over a year now and it works flawlessly. It's very consistent because my tarp prusiks are consistently just a few inches above where my hammock connects to my straps and neither the tarp nor the tie-outs get any slack when the hammock is loaded. I love not having to worry with a separate tarp ridge line. As rweb82 said you can set the tarp first and know pretty much from experience where the hammock should be becket hitched.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    So this whole concern about ground lines losing tension is essentially an urban legend? This concept really appeals to me. Not having to manage a long length of cord. It seems it would be easier to get the tarp height and position right on first try. We need a video of someone doing this with the tarp going up first and coming down last to show us nonbelievers it can be done.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    I’ve been using Kokomo Hammock Suspension for two years. YouTube
    Hammock structural ridgeline is also tarp ridgeline. If I’m not in hammock, ridgeline is slack and when I’m in hammock, ridgeline is taut; depending on angle of hang. Sometimes my set up looks good and other times no. Even when set up is not picturesque, hammock works great.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast