Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Dang it!
    Becoming the Frameshop Manager I thought I would able to make my schedule more flexible to get away for these hangs. I was wrong. Now I am very bummed because I HAVE to work Saturday. I am really going to miss this hang.

Jim
    �� That bites!

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    down
    37.621327, -79.549996 this look to be accurate for the final destination?

Quote Originally Posted by runningwithscissors22 View Post
    Hey everyone! What follows is your long-awaited directions into our camping area. This is excerpted from the email I received today. You do not need to check in at the visitor center.

-Everyone can just go to the Campsite
    -For parking along gravel path on sides, around gravel pile near larger group shelter. Just Do Not park in the campsite area

Directions to Group Campsite
    * From the Visitor Center parking lot take a left, then proceed to the left lane on Route 11 South. You will pass the hotel on your right.
    *Within a quarter of a mile you should see a left turn marked Golf Course Rd (Rt.760 on the map). A large state park sign is located on the left of the road. Take that left. If you reach the convenience dump site on your right, you've gone too far.
    *Once you are on Golf course road, continue for about half a mile and you will see a parking area to your left, marked with a sign. If you reach a neighborhood and driveways you've gone too far.
    *On the left is a gravel area with a gate open and drive down gravel path.
    *On the left will be campsite #1
    *At the end of the gravel path is a large group shelter
    *To the right of the group shelter is campsite #2
    *To the left of the group shelter is campsite #3

Great looking Forward to the group coming out to Natural Bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Mine-ziz.... Nachos
    Tarp
    Yuge
    Insulation
    safishent
    Suspension
    MSH, 1.4gpf straps
    So I went from not having to work this Friday night, to having to work this Friday night, into Saturday morning...

- I still want to go up (bit of a drive from the beach) and hang out (punny, lol), but I sure am not going to be there Saturday morning, and will likely not be there until Saturday afternoon (Boooooooooooo)
    which leads me to the question: Is it cool for me to come up, if I don't get there until Saturday afternoon-ish?

Hammock
    11' 1.2 Robic XL
    Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Dang it!
    Becoming the Frameshop Manager I thought I would able to make my schedule more flexible to get away for these hangs. I was wrong. Now I am very bummed because I HAVE to work Saturday. I am really going to miss this hang.

Jim

Well, that sucks. You will definitely be missed!

Quote Originally Posted by u.willie View Post
    So I went from not having to work this Friday night, to having to work this Friday night, into Saturday morning...

- I still want to go up (bit of a drive from the beach) and hang out (punny, lol), but I sure am not going to be there Saturday morning, and will likely not be there until Saturday afternoon (Boooooooooooo)
    which leads me to the question: Is it cool for me to come up, if I don't get there until Saturday afternoon-ish?
    Absolutely. Come on out whenever you want to come out. We’ll all just be hanging around anyway. Bring some of that awesome salsa with you too.
    73 de W4BKR

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkein
    ...Besides, if we get lost, we just pull in somewheres and ask directions - Captain Ron

The ever striving gram weenie...always updated with the next trip

Come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hammock
    11' 1.2 Robic XL
    Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    Just a word of warning folks....I spent the day out in a few state forests and parks today. Ticks are out in force. Treat your clothes, wear your favorite deterrent, and tick check people you like this weekend.

Lyme disease sucks and an alpha gal allergy is even scarier.
    73 de W4BKR

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkein
    ...Besides, if we get lost, we just pull in somewheres and ask directions - Captain Ron

The ever striving gram weenie...always updated with the next trip

Hammock
    Wanderlust SE Robin's Egg Blue
    Tarp
    Wanderlust Special
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

I know it’s a drive and you will miss all the fun work time, but we are worth it. Come and hang out with us. And, if you’ve never been to the Bridge or it’s been a while, so worth the visit.

Starting final preparations for our trip to the hang tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing everyone and a great time helping our State Parks and generally hanging around.

Hammock
    Mine-ziz.... Nachos
    Tarp
    Yuge
    Insulation
    safishent
    Suspension
    MSH, 1.4gpf straps
    Thank you firelakecondo, runningwithscissors22 and wanderlost :-)

I'll add my name to the thing-ee. I'll get off work a bit after midnight Saturday morning, and take a nap at some point, somewhere between here and there. I expect it'll be after noon sometime before I make it up. Yes, I'll be bringing salsa. I was gonna say it wasn't going to be a "warm" like last years fall hang thing, (it may not be still) because I couldn't find peppers anywhere near me, and that my plants hadn't started growing peppers yet - BUT - I have a stash from last year :-) so there should be heat in the salsa - though it isn't make yet... so?? Just hopeful, wishful thinking until it's made and tasted.

Safe travels up everyone. I hope to see yall Saturday sometime.

u.w.
    Last edited by u.willie; 04-26-2019 at 21:07. Reason: coming :-)

Hammock
    Wanderlust SE Robin's Egg Blue
    Tarp
    Wanderlust Special
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Brownies are in the oven. We are not packed. But I have a list!

I can’t update the spreadsheet at the moment, but I am bringing veggies to steam tomorrow night and something to contribute towards breakfast in the morning.

Corey R. and Minniesoda are unable to attend due to illness, but send their wishes for a fabulous hang.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast