Converted my inderquilt to a clew suspension

I just converted my UGQ quilt to a clew suspension! Been switching over to full time hanging instead of a bed! This is a game changer! I followed his basic design with the kam snaps but used a series of cord locks so each length is individually adjustable allowing fine tuning of the quilt hand and tension!

Brilliant idea wish I’d done this a long time ago!5EDEF63A-777E-4B70-BC0A-0F23BA2AACD5.jpg9A1A5B88-2F54-4FBD-9E02-8F99AC1C3FF4.jpg

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven D/L
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    0 and 30 Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Stupid question here as I know a tiny bit about this system...but what benefits are you noticing? I have a long/wide 0 degree Zeppelin and have a tough time eliminating all the cold spots in the winter (hard to keep it totally snug I find)...Looks like you did a great job!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveE View Post
    Stupid question here as I know a tiny bit about this system...but what benefits are you noticing? I have a long/wide 0 degree Zeppelin and have a tough time eliminating all the cold spots in the winter (hard to keep it totally snug I find)...Looks like you did a great job!

It gets rid of the squeeze for me and I can fine tune each cord so the tension is set so the quilt hugs perfectly.

I didn’t like feeling like I was in a taco with the shock running along side me

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    I am about to make my very first Gemini and was interested in your line loc mod. Any chance you could detail your process for those of us that are slow figuring things out from pictures?

I just used cord locks and made loops attached everything to a carabiner - used the direction from the origin post about the clew just didn’t feel like tying a real clew do game up with the adjusted idea - line locks would work great too I think!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven D/L
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    0 and 30 Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I sewed a Lineloc3 right in the middle on the end of my 0 degree Zeppelin and attached shock cord to it. It allows me to pull the middle up tight...works well so I can imagine how well a few more would work...

untitled-1-3.jpg

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Is utilizing the Kam snap techniques from the Gemini something that can be done on any UQ or would you run the risk of somehow damaging the UQ if you do it on a professionally made one from the cottage vendors? I would hate to spend a few hundred on a UQ and then ruin it by installing Kam Snaps when I shouldn't? Thoughts?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven D/L
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    0 and 30 Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo Hanger View Post
    Is utilizing the Kam snap techniques from the Gemini something that can be done on any UQ or would you run the risk of somehow damaging the UQ if you do it on a professionally made one from the cottage vendors? I would hate to spend a few hundred on a UQ and then ruin it by installing Kam Snaps when I shouldn't? Thoughts?
    That's my concern as well...I'm no seamstress so this kind of stuff scares me a bit...

It shouldnt as long as your not snapping the cam snaps on the line. You would know it if you were.

• + New Posts