Tarp
    Dynemma Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Mt Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopies slings
    Images

Paria Outdoor Products

Since I decided to double up my Gemini UQ, it's left me without a lightweight OQ so I've been substituting with my 20F synthetic sleeping bag unzipped and using it like a OQ. I ran across Paria Outdoor Products on Amazon and some of their products look like a reasonable low cost alternative . In particular I was looking at this one, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NACUVNQ...v_vv_lig_dp_it

Does anyone have any experience with this company? It has pretty good reviews so far.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    At that price point, I would highly suggest either the Hammock Gear Econ Burrow, Loco Libre Saver Series Serrano, or UGQ 800fp Bandit. All of these options use better fabric and 800fp down. This will result in a lighter-weight, more comfortable quilt. The Paria is 2.3lbs. That is awfully heavy for a bag that's rated to 15° (likely survival rating- not comfort rating). Most of these Amazon vendors do not use actual comfort ratings, like cottage vendors do. My guess is this is probably more of a 30-40° quilt- if you're looking at comfort rating. The other concern I have with these "Amazon quilts" is the lack of specifications- such as baffle height (if they even use proper baffles), and whether they use responsibly-sourced down.

Also, the three vendors I mentioned all hand-make their gear right here in the USA. Paria may be a US-based company, but I would bet their stuff is mass-produced in China. If the Paria quilt really speaks to you, then get it. But there are definitely much better options in the same price range. Good luck!

HG Econ Burrow: https://www.hammockgear.com/economy-burrow/
    Loco Libre Saver Series Serrano: https://www.locolibregear.com/gear.h...=0&sort=normal
    UGQ Bandit: https://ugqoutdoor.com/top-quilts/bandit/

Hammock
    Walahalla Monolite 1.5
    Tarp
    Dynemma Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Mt Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopies slings
    Images
    Hmmmmm that HG Econ Burrow is about the same price and I would much rather shop a local cottage vendor. Thanks rwe

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    You're welcome! I think you'll be very happy with the HG Econ line.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Paria Outdoor Products

I can vouch for hammock gear and their products. I have a 30 degree top quilt from them and I'm very cozy in it at 30 degrees. I'd highly recommend their products. totally worth the wait.

I have the Paria Outdoor Products 15deg top quilt. I bought it on EBay. I'm 100% satisfied with it. Been in the 20s with it and was warm ( coupled with an underquilt ). For its price point, build quality I give it a thumbs up. Now it doesn't pack down as small (700 fill), but that's also what drops the price. Based in Colorado, not just an Amazon store front. https://www.pariaoutdoorproducts.com...-gear-about-us

Hammock
    11' SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10x12
    Insulation
    LocoLibre DWR Down
    Suspension
    Cin-Bkle Dyn-Str
    I have never owned a Paria but I do own a HG 20°F UQ. The HG one is old, from a former member on her with an AT hike under it's belt, and still performs years later. I have only had it down to 36°F so far but it worked well. I have often wondered about the Paria gear and wouldn't turn down a free one but the HG has proven it's worth to me so far. That being said I would personally prefer to support a cottage vendor before anyone else. Although I don't normally prefer HG over other vendors on here it is still great gear for the price IMHO. I've just never had the pleasure of even holding a Paria quilt in my hand so far.

Hammock
    Walahalla Monolite 1.5
    Tarp
    Dynemma Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Mt Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopies slings
    Images
    Update: I went with the HG econ 30 UQ with a Hang Tight 15 TQ. I've had this setup down to the upper 20's and slept great.

• + New Posts