Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/burrow
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Images

VIDEO: Sipsey Wilderness Backpacking, Alabama. Fall/2018

Images
    Great video, fantastic trip! I have more than once come out from Borden Bridge and gone straight to that same Jack's, if it is the one south of there at Double Springs! You guys look like a fun bunch! If you ever need an extra backpacking partner, just let me know! I'm 70, like your guy who was lost. But I don't hardly get lost, and I can maybe keep up with you young folks if you don't race! Thanks for posting this!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Looks like a great trip. Hopefully the guy made it back to his vehicle. That upper Fall Creek falls camp site is a nice one isn't it. Thanks for sharing your trip with us and good to see you back on the trail.

Great video! It was only missing one thing...ME! Definitely makes me want to get back out there. Looks like a fun trip and that 2nd night campsite was gorgeous!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    Thanks for sharing your trip! I love the hot pink quilt in the middle of all the dark and camouflage. It brightens up the campsite and brings a bit of joy.

Charlotte

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/burrow
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Great video, fantastic trip! I have more than once come out from Borden Bridge and gone straight to that same Jack's, if it is the one south of there at Double Springs! You guys look like a fun bunch! If you ever need an extra backpacking partner, just let me know! I'm 70, like your guy who was lost. But I don't hardly get lost, and I can maybe keep up with you young folks if you don't race! Thanks for posting this!
    You'll have to join us some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Looks like a great trip. Hopefully the guy made it back to his vehicle. That upper Fall Creek falls camp site is a nice one isn't it. Thanks for sharing your trip with us and good to see you back on the trail.
    We were worried about the fella.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Girl View Post
    Great video! It was only missing one thing...ME! Definitely makes me want to get back out there. Looks like a fun trip and that 2nd night campsite was gorgeous!
    Tammy, we are doing the Cheaha loop weekend after next.
    Quote Originally Posted by xMagnolia View Post
    Thanks for sharing your trip! I love the hot pink quilt in the middle of all the dark and camouflage. It brightens up the campsite and brings a bit of joy.

Charlotte
    Kailyn was upset I took her stuff on that trip.

Hammock
    MYOG 1.0 Robic XL
    Tarp
    MYOG SilPoly Hex
    Insulation
    LL UQ, TQ pending.
    Suspension
    web/buck/contloop
    If I can get out of the house some weekend, I'd love to join a trip. I'm trying to get some guys from work out there as well.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/burrow
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoncic View Post
    If I can get out of the house some weekend, I'd love to join a trip. I'm trying to get some guys from work out there as well.
    We’re supposed to go to Cheaha not this weekend but the next, hopefully they won’t bail. Come out if you wanna.
    Last edited by Bammacker; 01-30-2019 at 15:31.

Hammock
    Dutch 11 PolyD; Junglenest
    Tarp
    HG; ENO
    Insulation
    HG; Jacks R Better
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    As always, a great video. Brought back a lot of great memories of all my hikes in the Sipsey. Wanda (my wife) and I camped just off 200 (Borden Creek Trail) back before we found our love for hanging. I have been sick for the last 4 months, but my doctors finally discovered what was causing my problems and I am on the mend. Hope to be well enough to do a trip by mid-February. Last January, Tammy and I got up at 4 am and drove from Dothan, Alabama, to the Bankhead NF for a short hike down to Caney Creek falls. We then drove around to the Kinlock Falls just inside the Sipsey Wilderness before heading home. That was the last time I have been able to hike. Your videos give me the desire to get back out. If the dates fall right, we will see you at the Spring hang. Thank You, Ashley.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/burrow
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by abatis49 View Post
    As always, a great video. Brought back a lot of great memories of all my hikes in the Sipsey. Wanda (my wife) and I camped just off 200 (Borden Creek Trail) back before we found our love for hanging. I have been sick for the last 4 months, but my doctors finally discovered what was causing my problems and I am on the mend. Hope to be well enough to do a trip by mid-February. Last January, Tammy and I got up at 4 am and drove from Dothan, Alabama, to the Bankhead NF for a short hike down to Caney Creek falls. We then drove around to the Kinlock Falls just inside the Sipsey Wilderness before heading home. That was the last time I have been able to hike. Your videos give me the desire to get back out. If the dates fall right, we will see you at the Spring hang. Thank You, Ashley.
    Glad you are doing better Ashley. I really hope to see y'all for the Spring Hang.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast