Ridge Runner, Hennessy
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin, ridgr
    Suspension
    Whooppees

Lynx or Ridge Reaper?

I have a Ridge Runner and really like it. However, there is too much fiddle factor trying to get my gathered end underquilt to fit well. I get gaps along the sides when I side sleep. So, I am looking at an UQ made specifically for the RR.

I like the idea of the Lynx being made by the maker of the RR, assuming that gives the best fit. But the photos on the site show that there are areas of the corners of the hammock and along the side where there is no insulation. I am concerned that there will be cold spots. Also, not sure of the rubber band like tensioners - what happens if they get stretched out? Is there a way to vent the Lynx in warmer weather?

I like the Ridge Reaper by Loco Libre in that it appears to offer more insulated coversge based on the photos. And the bungee tightening seems to allow for the option of replacing the bungees if they are stretch out over time, and for venting.

Anyone out there with comments or comparison info they can share?

Hammock
    DH Sparrow/WB RR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Msc
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Beetles
    I have had both. They each have their pluses and minuses. For fit alone you can’t beat the Lynx. No issues with the rubber bands for me. Depending on which one you order if I were to get a 20° or 0° Lynx, personally I would probably throw in an ounce or two of overfill. The ridge reaper does indeed have more coverage and if you like to figure 4 a leg out to the side or side sleep you may find it there is more insulated real estate to be had with the Llg. The workmanship is also spectacular and the fill is generous. I did find that my lynx fit a little more tightly to the Hammock than my reapers even with the bungee adjusters fully tightened. Conversely those tighteners do make it very easy to vent if you feel the need. You really can’t go wrong either way

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravitythief76 View Post
    I have had both. They each have their pluses and minuses. For fit alone you can’t beat the Lynx. No issues with the rubber bands for me. Depending on which one you order if I were to get a 20° or 0° Lynx, personally I would probably throw in an ounce or two of overfill. The ridge reaper does indeed have more coverage and if you like to figure 4 a leg out to the side or side sleep you may find it there is more insulated real estate to be had with the Llg. The workmanship is also spectacular and the fill is generous. I did find that my lynx fit a little more tightly to the Hammock than my reapers even with the bungee adjusters fully tightened. Conversely those tighteners do make it very easy to vent if you feel the need. You really can’t go wrong either way
    I agree, both work well. The bands on the lLynx are tough and easy to replace if the need arises. I have the Winter weight in both UQs. I just vent if too warm. I do most temp. adjustments with my TQ.

• + New Posts