Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmer003 View Post
    Just to complicate an already complicated situation, JRB is working on an Ultra Light version of the Bear Mountain Bridge hammock that should be available one of these months.

I bought the current BMBH earlier this month and find it VERY low fiddle. I love it. It's about 9'4" between the rings which attach to the suspension, so whatever tarp you have will probably work. The only issue I am having is spreader bar clearance with the sides of the tarp. I am playing with various exterior and interior pole mods to accommodate the spreader bars.
    Yar... and if I'm not mistaken there is currently a lighter version available already?

To be fair to the RR... there are four of those available too as far a single/double layer and netted or netless versions of each.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by sidneyhornblower View Post
    He's very, very knowledgeable about bridge hammocks and probably ought to write a book about them (hint hint).
    Thanks fella... but this is the only book for now... https://www.amazon.com/Lying-Trail-W...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

I did edit this one for any curious about a pioneering speed hike on the Appalachian Trail by Matt Kirk-
    https://www.amazon.com/Fast-Light-Fr...8804349&sr=1-1

Every once in awhile I have thoughts of doing some MYOG you tube videos entitled 'I drink and I sew things'.

Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post

To Just Bill, come down to one of those group hangs I mentioned. Next year at HangCon 2020, you would be a hit having 200+ hangers of all sizes checking out your wares.
    One of these days... for now I do this part time and word of mouth keeps me busy. One thing I always found annoying as a customer is folks drumming up work they can't handle or promoting too much beyond their capacity. Sometimes you grow and that's life; but going out selling stuff I know I can't realistically produce in a timely manner isn't a good way to treat yer fellow outdoorsfolk in my book at least.

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    goobie has one of my newer UL prototypes and there a dozen or so floating around in the area.
    Yes I do, thank you sir, and I was able to get in it the other night. It was only for about an hour until the snow started blowing in the open end of my tarp, darn swirling winds in the backyard, and it was very comfortable (too early to compare to the RR? Maybe, but it's looking good at this point!) Once the temps get a little closer to positive numbers I'll be in it every chance I get....for testing purposes, of course😋

Alifeoutdoors, we need to get a hike/hang together in your neck of the woods at some point. I'll bring Just Bill's goods....and maybe one of those Kringle things the clown keeps jabbering about. Ice out waterfall tour at the state parks up there?

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goobie View Post
    Alifeoutdoors, we need to get a hike/hang together in your neck of the woods at some point. I'll bring Just Bill's goods....and maybe one of those Kringle things the clown keeps jabbering about. Ice out waterfall tour at the state parks up there?
    Totally, I'd look forward to that. Sure, State Parks, NCT whatever you were up for.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    JustBill's Biggy Deluxe
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    Zepp/LL Ghost Pepr
    Images
    The best way to describe Justbills bridges is “floating cot without pressure points”. I love my Lux. My Zepplin works great with it, as does my WB Superfly. I often hang mine from my Tato hammock stand. It fits perfectly.

At your size, be cautious of hammocks and gear. I’m 6’2” and 200ish lbs. I learned the hammock world is inhabited more by elves than ogres Bill is helping us biguns out. He is very knowledgeable, as folks have said, he is also a true gentlemen and first rate craftsman. If only more businessmen thought like him. Good luck and enjoy your choice.
    But for the grace of God, there, I go...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12