Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for a new hammock

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a new hammock. I have the dutchware chameleon and will continue to use it. But like most of us I want options and to add to my collection. I am looking at the trail lair hammock. Anyone have experience? Or other suggested hammocks?

Thanks in advance!

There's currently a Trail Lair in the for sale forum if you're interested. (It's not me; I just saw it after reading your post)
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

I have a trail lair, and it is very comfortable. I slept in it last week in the backyard. top notch quality from Jarred at simply light designs. He's wonderful to work with - I probably went back and forth with him for 2 weeks before making the order.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    I too love my trail lair. Only used it indoors so far but for over a month now. And while I can't speak to its use outdoors I can reaffirm that Jared is the best vendor I have ever dealt with in any industry.

Another vote for the Trail Lair! Lots of threads about in the SLD vendor forum.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

if you want something truly different, maybe they a bridge hammock ? the warbonnet ridge runner or the Jack's r better bear mountain bridge come to mind.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    The Trail Lair is highly regarded by many, so you probably can't go wrong there. I would also recommend the Dream Hammock Raven for it's modularity and price. The nice thing about the Raven is you can completely remove the bug net. Or you can stow it by the ridgeline while lounging, and easily reattach it for sleeping.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 11
    Insulation
    HG/UGQ/EE/LL
    Suspension
    Straps & buckles
    The Dream Hammock Raven would be another hammock you might consider. It's similar to your Chameleon and the Trail Lair. I have a Chameleon Wide in HexonW 1.6 and a Dream Hammock Raven in 1.7 Roebic XL and I would be hard pressed to pick one over the other. I just picked up a like new Trail Lair in Hexon 1.6 but have not had a chance to use it besides hanging it in my shop and laying in it for a short time but it certainly seemed to be a very comfortable lay.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Does the Trail Lair have a catenary cut on the sides? SLD had one like that and first I want to day it was well made, light (with the weight saving) and gave a nice view. But it wasn't for me. The tension on the edges because of that catenary would cut/press into the back of my knees each time I got in/out. It was just too much contrast to my other hammocks. The Trail Lair sounds a lot like the discontinued Hammeck Envy-S. Anyone experience the two and see a difference?

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    You might want to try your hand at a DIY hammock. I made a 12 foot hammock that I love.
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast