Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Quote Originally Posted by Flsnowman View Post
    What was the name of the outfitters from out west that had the hammock stands that pack down so small. I didn't get to chance to check there stands out.
    Tensa Outdoors. Those stands are even better in person.

Hammock
    DIY Single layer Asym
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Cat
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ/ TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/ Whoopie
    I want to Thank Timber, Gumbo, LilRicky, FlaHanger, Kettle and Numerous other's who volunteered there time to make this Hang Happen this was a crazy year with all the changes But I will have to say I think it was a Great success! Hotlip's , Kingsford Loved the Meatloaf I could not believe it! Gumbo the Gumbo was spot on as always.
    I had to leave right after the Raffle didn't want to pack wet gear In the rain Hopefully me leaving prevented the rain. I did not get to say farewell to many But I hope to spend more time in 2020.
    Thank all of you who stopped By to check out my Gear I enjoyed Talking with you all. Some familiar faces and some New. Special thanks to Sheltowee I was so Happy My raffle number was called and in such a hurry to NOT get the Turkey Fryer that I just failed to realize I need another Hammock Like I need another Alcohol stove.LOL So I ended up giving the hammock to Justin the Gentleman who Flew out and Unfortunately could not take the Turkey Fryer. I wanted someone to have it that needs a Hammock.

Brandon, Dawn, I enjoyed our conversation over Breakfast will stay in touch, Subway Jim always a pleasure!, Anne, Hmlck Enjoyed our Chat. To the Sweet Gram weenie lady I'm sorry I did not get your Name Thank you for letting us give you a hard time :-) I really enjoyed the conversation I did not notice if you got the other stove you were after in the raffle I hope you did.
    Thanks,
    Sam
    "Home is wherever you choose to stop"

www.batchstovez.com

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Thank you all for an awesome first Hangcon! We will be back again for sure!

After a wet tear down we made it to Savannah for the night and will push on the rest of the way tomorrow!

Safe travels everyone.
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com
    Facebook: JacksRBetterQuilts
    Intstagram: Jacks_R_Better_Quilts

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    What a great weekend. We were fed well. The companionship around the fire was wonderful. Thank you to all who worked so hard to make this a success especially Timberrr and Gumbo.

The good Lord willing I'll be back next year.

I hope Dutch gets his gear back.

To my brother from Saturday night, travel well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Thanks to Timberrr, Gumbo, Kettle, and all of the vendors for putting on and supporting a great hang. This was my first, and it won’t be my last.

A21A321D-849D-46C1-B6D6-A654E807E616.jpg

Thanks (I think?) to ChinoUSMC for giving me a trail name. Thanks to wbJohn for the best bourbon I’ve ever drank from a miniature Solo cup. Thanks to all of the unnamed folks that fed us. Especially whoever made that sausage meatloaf on Friday night. Meatloaf is now ruined for me.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    9' Noah
    Insulation
    Primaloft Gold
    Suspension
    Webbing N Cinchbuc
    Images
    Another great HANGCON is on the books. I posted pics in the gallery if you want to browse. This is the best of the best:P1250113.JPGP1260120.JPG
    The essential part of me can not be discussed here. Ask me in person.

Hammock
    WB BBXLC 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    LL 10 UQ, Gen 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies and Dutch
    Thanks to everyone who made this happen despite the fools in Washington DC trying to ruin it

Here are a couple more pictures from our day on the Chassahowitzka River. A chilly Friday morning turned out to be a perfect day on the water with very playful baby manatees.

Thanks again for all the food, entertainment, hospitality, and comraderie. It's was great seeing folks I've met over the last few years, and meeting so new ones.

"Hi Neighboor!"

Looking forward to another couple of hangs this year, ...and possible sponsoring one here in Citrus County.

And honestly, i'm glad to pass the torch of the Midas Ticket Touch to the fella in the front row.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGC WD 12
    Insulation
    JRB Wash 3
    Suspension
    Spider2.0, becket
    Just got back home from HangCon and it was a great first time experience. As soon as I arrived I was greeted by Timberr, Florida hangar, and Gumbo. I immediately felt welcomed being a first time hanger and they guided me thru the checkin. LiLRicky was kind enough to also check out my setup to make sure things were right. Timberr and Gumbo, your kindness and caring for me to be comfortable that first night with the cold weather made a tremendous impact on me and for that, I am so thankful!

I met up with 3 guys locally (you know who you are) and they shared with me their experiences and hammock set ups. They also said I overthink things and to keep it simple. I hear that at home a lot as well. The last day I was there, they stopped by my site and assisted me to dial in my hammock set up. Here are a few forum members helping out a stranger “newbie” as if they have known me a long time. That amongst the others I met really impressed me. Thanks guys!

Because of this first time FUN experience, I am hooked on hanging. Everyone were eager to help out and the few vendors I spoke to were very cool. Any questions I had, there were answers to.

Thanks to the guys at JacksRbetter for the lengthy words of wisdom (and my cozy underquilt). Todd and his brilliant Tensa stands, amazing to see in person! And yes we all know who Dutch is but what I didn’t know was his funny sense of humor. He had some good stuff to say.

The highlight was the raffle night. Between the admins on stage and the forum members, it was non stop laughter. What a great group and organization. Sorry if I left anyone out, Im exhausted but wanted to send this before going to bed.

Anyways, thanks again all for making my first time a great one and looking forward to many more.

Gonzo
    Less is More

Hammock
    Sheltowee Hammocks
    Tarp
    Big, Retangular
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    I made it back to the Bluegrass state and am drying out after the soggy morning take down.
    Thanks again to all who made HANGCON 2019 a success. I have to say it's always one of the best run HANGS every year!
    Looking forward to Doe Lake in 2020

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    -Alex

Sheltowee Hammocks Feature INTEGRATED UNDERQUILTS! Starting at $224

Step Out Of Your Sheltowee @ www.ShellHammocks.com

Hammock
    Netty/ Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    gnome dome/mctarp
    Insulation
    Incubator/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    Well Snaps I am sorry i ruined you for any other meatloaf, but if I am able to make it to the next Hangcon, maybe I can make another for you. I had a really great time cooking for everyone, and a I loved talking with ya'll. I have to say thank you to my kitchen crew Karebear, the Wanderer and of course my right hand guy Kingsford. He is truly the reason I can come to these hangs. I couldn't manage without all his hard work. Also ya'll can thank the Wanderer for the banana pudding. He wanted me to make it, so I told him if he got the ingredients I would. So him and Karebear went to town and got enough to make one for him, and one for ya'll. I also want to thank Timberr and Gumbo for being great hosts and working so hard to be sure Hangcon got to go on again this year. They really did a great job with the location, especially for a last minute thing. I really enjoyed the layout of the campground, and all it's amenities. But I think Doe Lake will always be my favorite, since it was my first Hangcon. I am sorry if I didn't get the recipes for the meatloaf, white bean chicken chili, banana pudding, or the cobblers to those who asked for it, but if you shoot me a message I'll be glad to share. Thanks again to RangerDude for getting me salt and garlic, and you are my hero for being able to cook in such a large dutch oven. I don't think I could have even lifted that thing, much less cooked a cobbler in it. Thanks to all who helped cook, clean, run errands, keep the fire going ( Floridahanger), clean bathrooms, and do dishes. You are appreciated. Hope to see you all next year.
    If you don't like my cooking there's always MRE's.***Hotlips

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast