Dutch 11' Netless
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles

Impromptu Overnighter-Butterfield Hiking Trail-Devils Den State Park

I am planning a quick overnight trip of the Butterfield Hiking Trail at Devils Den State Park. I will arrive early Saturday morning, hike in around 8-10 miles and set up camp overnight by the creek. Plan to be back at the trail head by noon on Sunday. Sunshine both days with a low of 31F Saturday night.

If anyone wants to join, you are most welcome. Link Below

https://www.arkansasstateparks.com/t...d-hiking-trail

Hammock
    WB, DH, SLD
    Tarp
    ZPacks, Thunderfly
    Insulation
    EE, Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Spider 1.5/Beckett
    Dang, I have to go out of town for a wedding, or I would’ve taken you up on that! I love the Butterfield. The junction camp is a nice spot for hanging, about the halfway point. Lee Creek is really cool, and you might see some ice formations on the bluffs and overhangs.

I hiked the Shores Lake/White Rock loop last weekend, had an overnight low of 16!

Have a good time.

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Netless
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by baldknobber View Post
    Dang, I have to go out of town for a wedding, or I would’ve taken you up on that! I love the Butterfield. The junction camp is a nice spot for hanging, about the halfway point. Lee Creek is really cool, and you might see some ice formations on the bluffs and overhangs.

I hiked the Shores Lake/White Rock loop last weekend, had an overnight low of 16!

Have a good time.
    Sorry I will miss you Baldknobber!

I will check out Junction Camp this time around. I stayed at Rock Hole Camp last time but it was too congested. Fortunately, there probably won't be too many over-nighters this time around due to the lower temps. I hear there are some good sites at Junction.

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Netless
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    If any of you make it to the BHT, check out Junction Camp. It is about a 1/4 mile off trail but well worth the walk. Once you get to where the 2 creeks merge, keep walking down the trail about an 1/8 of a mile and you will come to an absolutely perfect hammock camping spot. Right on the water and plenty of downed trees for fire wood. I believe this trip was the best I've ever been on.

Hammock
    WB, DH, SLD
    Tarp
    ZPacks, Thunderfly
    Insulation
    EE, Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Spider 1.5/Beckett
    Quote Originally Posted by Br@nch View Post
    If any of you make it to the BHT, check out Junction Camp. It is about a 1/4 mile off trail but well worth the walk. Once you get to where the 2 creeks merge, keep walking down the trail about an 1/8 of a mile and you will come to an absolutely perfect hammock camping spot. Right on the water and plenty of downed trees for fire wood. I believe this trip was the best I've ever been on.
    Yep, I know that spot well. The Butterfield is a nice trail to hike in the winter, for the views and lack of crowds! The spring brings lots of hikers, especially scout troops. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

• + New Posts