Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Correct, I'm not having a sleeve. Friends of mine had the sleeve version and gave up I on the sleeve, putting the mat inside the hammock, just as I'm doing it without the sleeve. Can't call out any drawbacks.
    If you wanna give it another shot, the sts etherlite insulated is especially fat. Though I had a friend freezing his butt off on it in a hammock in the ~5°C temps. So not only the indicated weight, but also the R value might be quite a bit off on that pad.

Hammock
    Dutch chameleon + Amok draumr XL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit 20F
    Suspension
    UCR + SPIDER/POLY
    I have alfa without sleeve ,works with generic sleeping pad well.
    IMG_20191028_105707.jpg

And yes it seems pad is have some arc because it is long.When you lay in the pad it will be more flat.
    Last edited by shichimi; 10-28-2019 at 03:05.

Found this hammock from a buddy of mine. Trying to solve the insulation issue. Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch Hammocks View Post
    Found this hammock from a buddy of mine. Trying to solve the insulation issue. Thoughts?

Not seeing a picture. What type of hammock?

Hammock
    WB RR, Amok, GammaUL
    Tarp
    SLD Custom, WB SF
    Insulation
    Asst'd
    Suspension
    Spiders on webbing
    Images
    BillyBob, I have had the same issue of lack of contact with the insulated pad. I use the HT Beta (no longer available) for cool/cold weather camping. It has the pad sleeve, but no bug net. This is actually an advantage, as I have easy access to the head end of the pad sleeve. My solution is the addition of four short shock cord loops to the interior corners of the pad sleeve. I use a Costco down throw (stripped seams for longitudinal baffles) fitted with shock cord and mitten hooks (on folded over corners) which attach to the sleeve loops. This holds the quilt close to the upper layer of the sleeve. I then insert an insulated pad below the quilt. When you lay in the hammock, the quilt fills any gap between you and the pad. The quilt adds another pound to the insulation, but I think it's worth it. I hope this makes sense.

It is essentially an underquilt attached inside the pad sleeve. I think Oltraildog referred to something similar as an "innerquilt". He may attach or insert his differently.

kg
    Last edited by kghiker; 11-08-2019 at 19:10.

Found this hammock from a buddy of mine. Trying to solve the insulation issue with a built in pad! Thoughts?986B9C9A-8C41-4E0D-8FAB-63833C1E4595.jpg

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kghiker View Post
    BillyBob, I have had the same issue of lack of contact with the insulated pad. I use the HT Beta (no longer available) for cool/cold weather camping. It has the pad sleeve, but no bug net. This is actually an advantage, as I have easy access to the head end of the pad sleeve. My solution is the addition of four short shock cord loops to the interior corners of the pad sleeve. I use a Costco down throw (stripped seams for longitudinal baffles) fitted with shock cord and mitten hooks (on folded over corners) which attach to the sleeve loops. This holds the quilt close to the upper layer of the sleeve. I then insert an insulated pad below the quilt. When you lay in the hammock, the quilt fills any gap between you and the pad. The quilt adds another pound to the insulation, but I think it's worth it. I hope this makes sense.

It is essentially an underquilt attached inside the pad sleeve. I think Oltraildog referred to something similar as an "innerquilt". He may attach or insert his differently.

kg
    It does make sense. But I don't suppose you have any pictures? I have experimented a bit with placing an UQ in the pad pocket, an IQ, with some cam snaps to help spread it out a bit more. And both laying an UQ or puffy clothing on top of a pad, both an inflatable pad and/or a CCF pad. Yours sounds like a good idea, I think, if I could picture it better. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch Hammocks View Post
    Found this hammock from a buddy of mine. Trying to solve the insulation issue with a built in pad! Thoughts?986B9C9A-8C41-4E0D-8FAB-63833C1E4595.jpg
    So, that looks pretty workable. What exactly is it? Is it a wide pad inside a pad pocket? Or a hammock sewn around a pad?

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234